MS2 Cold Start Issues

93CobraUSAF

Sep 14, 2019
Maine
Greetings to all,

Currently running the diyautotune MSPNP Gen 2 v1.2 on my 93 turbo stang with a standard 302/GT-40x heads/F-cam running with FRPP 42lb injectors.

I initially, downloaded the base tune from DIY and have been tuning. So far, it idles and runs really good.

The issue I'm having is with cold starts...when I start it, it barely stays running and oscillates ~500rpm (+/- 100rpm). Sometimes it dies but, once it reaches operating temps, the idle is spot on.

I've ran the Warm-Up Enrichment tuning but it doesn't help, after which, I revert back to the original numbers from the base tune.

I've attached the MSQ file and a short data log.

Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Cold Start.msq
    90.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 2019-09-14_11.54.42.msl
    796.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Sponsors (?)

I am out right now, if I dont check back in by tomorrow morning bump your post. You should check out the warm up pwm% duty and cranking duty% tables. These are where you set the idle speed by temperature, it's a basic way to do idle (open loop) but works great for some.

a91what,

Thanks for the guidance!

Per your recommendation, I increased the PWM % Duty and it solved the issue. I'll be making adjustments each first start of the day to fine tune it.

Thanks again!

Now gotta work on the PIMPxs

F303 will idle as low as 700 steadily with closed loop idle and some ignition advance. It's not easy to get it there but it can be done without the car stalling out or seeming off.

Keep it up, your making good progress.