Mspnp2 - Wideband doesn't match anywhere

Blarg

Jun 18, 2018
Anoka
I have recently installed the Mspnp2 and Innovate LC2 on my stock 92 LX with longtubes and off road H.

A few problems; when I initially seen the load file at 122 cubic inches I had to change it. It was pig rich around 10. or so on the LC2. Following videos from LMR and BREW2L, I tuned the idle myself and got it to be mostly stable.

Of course, it can really only handle idling before it throws a fit or cuts off.

The LC2 and Mspnp2 AFR tables are about 2 points different.

The simulated AFR gauge on Mspnp2 is pegged at the bottom.

Another issue is I called DYIautotune and they more or less spoke to me about the stock program and said I could sent my logs in. Isn't that 75$ a question?

I tried loading and reloading the "stock program" to no avail. I think I could use some direction. At least I got it to stubbornly leave the garage so I could work on another project.

Help? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I run mspnp2 and a LC2 on my turbo car. A91what will chime in but I'll see of I can get how its set up on my car later.

Below the box for comments you will see a button that states "Attach files" with a paper clip. You can click on that and browse your computer to attach the tune file. The TunerStudio Projects folder is typically under your documents folder, so once you open that you can see your project folder. You can then open that up to see your tune file.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you calibrate all the sensor inputs? including the WB or O2 input under the tools menu? you need to go in and select the correct WB you are using regardless if it says its set already.

anytime you have a voltage offset in the software then I look at the calibration and the software. Where do you have the WB wired into? I assume the options port and not the main harness, did you unplug the factory O2 sensor?

I have seen the stock O2 sensor left installed, this causes the WB and the Nerst cell sensors to feed voltage into the O2 input. This causes the input to read rich by a few points.

start here then we can talk about moving the grounds around.

A91What, I watched a couple of your vids. Still scratching a bit.

Anyway, I will try to answer the questions..

I calibrated the TPS, did the EGO sensor input and wrote to controller for the LC2.

I have the wideband's yellow output wire wired to the gauge and over to pin 21 of the mspnp2.

Also, moved the jumper to read off the driver's side where I have the LC2 installed at 9 O'clock.

Driver's side narrowband o2 is disconnected but passenger is still plugged in.

Wideband gauge and controller are sharing the same ground- via instructions, I believe. Mspnp2 is way on the other side.

If you have the wideband installed on the options port then remove the jumper for the EGO... the jumper selects which factory O2 sensor you want to take the reading from.

The Wideband needs to be grounded either at the battery or at the MS2 if the WB and the MS2 are grounded separately then you are creating a ground loop

I'd have to look in the unit for EGO. I believe it is selected to read the driver's side but the passenger side may still be participating.

WB is grounded on the fuse box steel. MS2 is grounded passenger side kick panel.

I'd have to look in the unit for EGO. I believe it is selected to read the driver's side but the passenger side may still be participating.

WB is grounded on the fuse box steel. MS2 is grounded passenger side kick panel.
They need to be grounded together, the ground you chose is part of the dash metal and is not an ideal location.

I hate to keep pelting you with questions but what if I ground the dash , sort of like the big 3 grounding system?
Ground it at the ecu. If it had a separate sensor ground I would have you connect it to the ecu but it does not. You won't fix anything until they are grounded together if it is a ground loop issue. Any extra impedance between the devices is seen as a voltage drop