Mustang 1987 T-TOP need name of the part or where to buy?

• Sponsors(?)

billison

I like tinted tail
10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
It’s part of the t top trim. It’s specific to the 87-88 models so your only option is to find a part out.

The front MIGHT be the same as the 86 down but the rear is for sure different

NIKwoaC

中國製造
10 Year Member
Oct 31, 2006
Chengdu Province
Weatherstrip? I don't own ttop but I have sunroof and that can be found at LMR
^This^

Go to LMR.com and check out their t-top restoration parts. T-top assemblies and weatherstrip went through at least 3 design iterations, so you'll want to make sure you're getting parts for the right year.

billison

I like tinted tail
10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
^This^

Go to LMR.com and check out their t-top restoration parts. T-top assemblies and weatherstrip went through at least 3 design iterations, so you'll want to make sure you're getting parts for the right year.
No no no , it’s separate . There’s trim and there weatherstrip

Attachments

LX Dave

Jul 2, 2017
Sounds like he's looking for the trim, not the weatherstrip. What year is the car? Need to know to find the correct trim.

It’s part of the t top trim. It’s specific to the 87-88 models so your only option is to find a part out.

The front MIGHT be the same as the 86 down but the rear is for sure different
Up through '86, the front and rear trims are one piece. On the '87 and '88s, the front and rear trims are three piece. I grabbed two sets of trims from the older cars hoping to get rid of the joint in the middle on my '87 and they don't work. The older ones are also shorter due to the different side trim on the car.

billison

I like tinted tail
10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
Sounds like he's looking for the trim, not the weatherstrip. What year is the car? Need to know to find the correct trim.

Up through '86, the front and rear trims are one piece. On the '87 and '88s, the front and rear trims are three piece. I grabbed two sets of trims from the older cars hoping to get rid of the joint in the middle on my '87 and they don't work. The older ones are also shorter due to the different side trim on the car.

Thanks. Was not sure on that one.