Mustang Motor Swap 1998 Gt To 2001 Gt - All Kinds Of Messed Up

Viper3016

Oct 10, 2015
OK WARNING this is going to be a long one!

I have a 1998 Mustang GT, I blew the engine, I replaced the engine with a 2001 Mustang GT motor, After attaching all the new sensors etc I got the care to run but it continuously flooded so I ended up switching all the parts on the 2001 motor with ( sensors, intake manifold, throttle body, starter, power steering pump, a\c etc. The only thing that is 2001 on the motor is the block and valve covers essentially. I converted the on the plug distributor with the 98 stile coils and wires I wired it the same way as the original 98 motor was. It was still flooding then suddenly started and ran perfectly. However that is no longer the story.

In addition to the engine I had a spare transmission that was out of a 96 Mustang gt, I attached it to the 2001 motor because my 98 transmission was occasionally sticking in 2nd and this transmission work perfectly until installed in my Frankenstein. Now that that transmission is attached it is will not shift past second gear (no drive nor overdrive). I have already modified the shifting cable to allow me access to Park-2nd gear the way it is setup I know I can't get manual 1st gear anymore.

Now that everything is attached the engine is acting like it wants to stall anytime I put the paddle past the half way point (assuming this acting this way because of a failing spark plug wire but not 100%) but I am still not able to get past 2nd gear\55mph. ANyone know ANYTHING about this has anyone else decided to try to combine a 1996-2004 Ford Mustang GT and actually get everything to work?

ADDITIONAL INFO

Check engine light is on which consists of 3 transmission codes and 1 temperature sensor Codes:

0743- Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical
1747- Pressure Control Solenoid A Short Circuit
0755 Shift Solenoid B Malfunction

0117 Engine Coolant Temperature

Picture of the belt pattern I am using, and the park plug wire setup I am using, and the forum will not allow me to upload the 2 videos I have.

• Sponsors (?)