Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice new parts....

D1BA2822-A4CC-42D7-9BEE-E454B7F62B7F.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Decided to rebuild my AC compressor. The clutch bearing was toast. I ended up finding NOS A/C clutch components for this, but i may sell those off and swap to SN95 style clutch conponents, which are cheaper and have rubber inserts that cushion the hit a little better. I’ll update on that once I figure out my parts.

but, I bought the rebuild parts from https://www.shopcenturyautoair.com/store/c31/Denso_6-Series_Compressors.html. About $50 for these. Should fully rebuild my nippondenso 6P148A compressor. Bet you’ve never seen that done before.

It looks like a lot of seals, but these kits have a lot of overlap. So not every o-ring will be used since I will have duplicates.

I can post part numbers later on.
0EB98BA5-D050-45F1-95FD-CED2F11E3AC4.jpeg

the patient

CBEE5FA4-B36F-4056-8409-5F01F7E75A88.jpeg
I will have to do the compressor on my Saleen in the next couple years. I replaced the clutch, dryer, and o-rings before I charged it but now after a couple summers of use the compressor is seeping oil ever so slightly. I am still running R12 as well. Please post how you do it if you can. I think it would be helpful to me and others as you are correct, I have never see that done before. Been following your thread for some time now. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: 1 user
I was gonna do a spin off thread and link when I do the compressor. Not a lot of info out there on rebuilding these, but remans are in the $300+ range plus core.

• Winner
I was gonna do a spin off thread and link when I do the compressor. Not a lot of info out there on rebuilding these, but remans are in the $300+ range plus core.
I hope you do separate thread on the compressor rebuild. I am going to attempt to rebuild mine this winter as well.

Hoping to score some R12 locally, it pops up on craigslist occasionally.

I know I’m jumping around a bit, but a busy night trying to mock up stuff.

I test fit my 3 d printed. prototype fuse block holder. This will work. Now to cut one out of metal.
8F56F819-D42C-42A3-8D07-55DF716805D0.jpeg

with the fuse block cover on. The fuse block itself is not screwed into the mount, that’s why it’s crooked

069192F3-7537-4A45-A59F-B42AD9C348C9.jpeg

View from the drivers seat. Missing the lower dash panel which will slightly block it

3B5021C9-D604-4500-8C4B-30E563E59E57.jpeg

Last edited:
Ac condenser mock up. Happy to report it bolted in without any modifications needed. Even clears the weird hood latch support bar that some cars get, and some don’t

69F4A113-F651-47F7-B784-911D2E7EFDC7.jpeg
4262C0B8-2330-4F4C-8E8D-90AD1D97C0C2.jpeg

its been a while since I’ve had my hands on a condenser, but is this kink in the line supposed to be there? It looks to be an intentional kink. I’ll have to wait til I can fully mock up to see if I need to bend it back.

also, I never mentioned it but I restored all the condenser brackets with a Evaporust bath, followed by new paint, new speed clips and new 10mm bolts. Nice and new in the below pic.
A337D9AC-EE69-4AC6-8BD0-04B62E5EF1CF.jpeg

I do like how they protect the ends.
045AF310-18CB-41BF-AE3A-EF8E6816F9F3.jpeg

my 94 cobra finned power steering cooler is in the mail. I want to see if that unit fits, since the 03/04 cobra cooler won’t. Ac condenser will go back in the box once I see potential interference with the cooler.

Condenser part number: spectra premium 7-4453.

BCDADC89-71BD-4C93-8414-CCE0D56EDA1D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Decided to rebuild my AC compressor. The clutch bearing was toast. I ended up finding NOS A/C clutch components for this, but i may sell those off and swap to SN95 style clutch conponents, which are cheaper and have rubber inserts that cushion the hit a little better. I’ll update on that once I figure out my parts.

but, I bought the rebuild parts from https://www.shopcenturyautoair.com/store/c31/Denso_6-Series_Compressors.html. About $50 for these. Should fully rebuild my nippondenso 6P148A compressor. Bet you’ve never seen that done before.

It looks like a lot of seals, but these kits have a lot of overlap. So not every o-ring will be used since I will have duplicates.

I can post part numbers later on.
0EB98BA5-D050-45F1-95FD-CED2F11E3AC4.jpeg

the patient

CBEE5FA4-B36F-4056-8409-5F01F7E75A88.jpeg
I seem to recall that there is a difference in the o-rings for R12 and R134 systems? Is this an issue? I may try to get R12 for my Mercury if it's still available. I seriously need to redo the AC on that car since it's my daily driver.

Oh yeah. What else?

oh yeah this.
E8521E88-F27B-443D-8884-DD8FFFBD75CC.jpeg

I didn’t open it yet. Not really applicable to this build. Plug the part number into Google if you are curious. I fell in love with this look and noticed the price was dropping like a rock. When it hit $200 I snatched one up. I’ll squirrel it away and maybe use it one day ;)
I would buy more if I were you. A lot of us can remember when Fox parts were that cheap.

I seem to recall that there is a difference in the o-rings for R12 and R134 systems? Is this an issue? I may try to get R12 for my Mercury if it's still available. I seriously need to redo the AC on that car since it's my daily driver.

I would buy more if I were you. A lot of us can remember when Fox parts were that cheap.

The Green O-rings are compatible with R-12 and R-134a.

I'd love to stockpile Boss Coyote intakes, but I don't have the space for them (the box they come in is quite large) and don't want to tie up that sort of cash for a while.

I'm sure I could offload them in a few years. What would people pay for a NOS 93 Cobra Intake new inbox? Either way, I didn't buy it to get rich off. I wanted to get the intake before it was discontinued (usually when ford drops the price on something they are unloading remaining inventory and about to discontinue it) and didn't want to get a used one down the road if I were to go Coyote one day. And if I didn't go coyote...I would easily make my money back and probably more.

I know a ported '18 coyote intake would outperform the boss, but I like the look and at that power level, 10HP isn't really a make or break thing for me.

Anyway...this is all down the road...

• Agree
To install it, you still need this kit. I've been watching to see if the price of these drops at all, but doesn't appear to be so.

Ford M-9444-M50B
Less than I was thinking. I'd bet that will take a while to drop since it's a Ford Performance parts kit rather than a regular Ford part. Might be worth looking into what the components cost separately.

The Green O-rings are compatible with R-12 and R-134a.

I'd love to stockpile Boss Coyote intakes, but I don't have the space for them (the box they come in is quite large) and don't want to tie up that sort of cash for a while.

I'm sure I could offload them in a few years. What would people pay for a NOS 93 Cobra Intake new inbox? Either way, I didn't buy it to get rich off. I wanted to get the intake before it was discontinued (usually when ford drops the price on something they are unloading remaining inventory and about to discontinue it) and didn't want to get a used one down the road if I were to go Coyote one day. And if I didn't go coyote...I would easily make my money back and probably more.

I know a ported '18 coyote intake would outperform the boss, but I like the look and at that power level, 10HP isn't really a make or break thing for me.

Anyway...this is all down the road...
The Cobra intake with or without the plaque on the inlet to the TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.