Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

So I noticed this....
4DEC92EC-ACFD-4EE9-B657-FFC03D2DF5DC.jpeg

What do you think? Would it be a little OCD to return it and get a new one over this? Now that I see it, it’s always gonna bug me. This is the side tgar faces into the engine compartment.
Thats because its made by Americans

The only reason I would think that is on there is because they are all like that. Maybe they can send just the badge. Hard to believe, but if you have the time why not ask...........Of coarse an American peeled the backing off, and pressed it on .

The only reason I would think that is on there is because they are all like that. Maybe they can send just the badge. Hard to believe, but if you have the time why not ask...........Of coarse an American peeled the backing off, and pressed it on .

It’s not a decal. It’s laser marked. They include a black decal, but I don’t want to use it. I wanted all gray. I wouldn’t complain but it’s in a prominent location.

Baer responded. They will exchange it.

CEB1CFDE-0B32-4954-B903-901172FA176D.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
I did notice that in the last picture and thought maybe it was intentional? I would exchange!

That's actually how I noticed too. I did a "What the??" and ran out to the garage. It's not intentially, it was double marked.

Baer is mailing me a replacement tomorrow, and a return label. Good think i'm still researching my fittings to hook this thing up. There's a few different routes to go and i'm not sure which one I want to do. I was thinking of banjo fittings on the MC to -3AN and some 3/8" and 7/16 inverted flre to 3AN fittings on the prop valve and two nice, 9" long pieces of fancy braided hose. Not sure if I want to run braided line though or hard plumb it. Banjos and braided line would look much better.

I have the tracking number for the replacement. Should be here mon. Was really pleasant to deal with Baer on this. No sweat.

Got my 94-98 cooler. Unfortunately it mounts the same but it’s shorter by a tad. The good thing this version was dirt cheap, so I will use the earlier model and eBay the more desirable 03/04 cobra version.

I’m going to have to modify it slightly to clear the condenser
2509ABBC-A23D-40F5-9EF9-2D9095ED20A3.jpeg

I have the tracking number for the replacement. Should be here mon. Was really pleasant to deal with Baer on this. No sweat.

Got my 94-98 cooler. Unfortunately it mounts the same but it’s shorter by a tad. The good thing this version was dirt cheap, so I will use the earlier model and eBay the more desirable 03/04 cobra version.

I’m going to have to modify it slightly to clear the condenser
2509ABBC-A23D-40F5-9EF9-2D9095ED20A3.jpeg
It definitely eases the frustration of getting shipped something wrong, or broken, when the company immediately does the right thing to make it right!

• Agree
Bumpsteer time. Put together an excel spreadsheet. Now the complex task of prepping to test it. No wonder nobody ever measures it.

058101B9-78F2-4261-BE24-C676460E1BC9.jpeg

Last step to do, and then I can torque everything down, put the sway bar on, put the wheels on and get it on the ground again.

Bumpsteer in progress. What a PITA, now I know why nobody ever checks it. An hour to set the car up. (Remove springs from coil-overs, level car, center steering rack and zero toe). Sway bar was not installed so one less thing I had to do. But if you had a running, driving car, this would be even more work.

anyway, another 30min to set up the boards. Now I guess I’m ready to measure. I have to reset this up each time I change the spacer stack

46276F3F-94E8-4E0F-9216-5E9E76BEBFE9.jpeg
EFE9CE7B-4BBB-460A-B620-0C65CFDD76BC.jpeg

that’s where I stopped. Need to make sure I got the procedure down. Plus I have to prep for snow removal.
A57B82C0-2C73-4C0F-9A3C-0BFD2A98E806.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup... I did it the lazy way when I did my car. What do you know.. I still have mild bumpsteer :doh::jester: I’ll do it right when I settle on a final setup. 7”-14” in my neck of the woods. Comin’ down hard out there now.

It's imperative that you have the ride height recorded before beginning the process,but I'm sure you do.:)
Did this procedure a few years ago using the MM unit,after R&Ring the engine and front suspension this fall it will have to be done again in the spring.....I'm panic sweating just typing this.

It's imperative that you have the ride height recorded before beginning the process,but I'm sure you do.:)
Did this procedure a few years ago using the MM unit,after R&Ring the engine and front suspension this fall it will have to be done again in the spring.....I'm panic sweating just typing this.

I made a reference to the inner fender structure before I pulled parts off, but then I changed the k member and A-arms so not sure if that changed anything. Hopefully not, as I don’t want to have to redo this. Technically you need caster and camber set as well.

but yeah...so much prep to do and actual work to check it. Car level, disconnect sway bar, pull caliper off, center rack, zero toe, lock rack in place, set a arm to ride height, measure, then pull it apart and change to a different spacer.

oh yeah...do both sides

Ugh, I need a full day of freedom to get this done

Bumpsteer in progress. What a PITA, now I know why nobody ever checks it. An hour to set the car up. (Remove springs from coil-overs, level car, center steering rack and zero toe). Sway bar was not installed so one less thing I had to do. But if you had a running, driving car, this would be even more work.

anyway, another 30min to set up the boards. Now I guess I’m ready to measure. I have to reset this up each time I change the spacer stack

46276F3F-94E8-4E0F-9216-5E9E76BEBFE9.jpeg
EFE9CE7B-4BBB-460A-B620-0C65CFDD76BC.jpeg

that’s where I stopped. Need to make sure I got the procedure down. Plus I have to prep for snow removal.
A57B82C0-2C73-4C0F-9A3C-0BFD2A98E806.jpeg
By the way, nice sunroom Mike!

By the way, nice sunroom Mike!

Thanks. Work in progress. Once the car is back on 4 wheels I plan on spending some time to insulate this and get interior walls and ceiling up. Quite a cozy room to watch the snow/rain.

the garage is the door on the left. I usually come in here and sit on the couch to post or look things up.

tv, and mini-split heat pump unit are going in once the walls are up. For now I’m using a 220v portable heater that gets the room up to 70* even uninsulated.

i put the slider and windows in over the summer. The original owners built this room with one regular door and screens. No lights. Redid all three walls, added power and lighting and will have ac/heat/tv.

8144A63E-C023-4FCA-B9B5-377CE2C76831.jpeg
C97F9557-469C-469A-B1BD-691B768704E9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.