Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
initial bite feels nice. i have a wilwood rear bias adjuster (since i have a cobra rear disc setup) but i havent had the chance to play around with it to really dial it in.also, in maybe 2 months or so ill be getting rid of my MSPNP2..let me know when you are ready, ill let it go for a good price.

• Sponsors (?)

Started mocking up accessories to replace hardware. I could have reused my old stuff...but I like everything fresh. These brackets are painted. Still need to clean and paint the black ac brackets

2250EADB-8175-4D52-B149-93FD3ACF2D87.jpeg

5F4D2164-6128-4DEA-A2F3-2EFA49C05AEA.jpeg

60FE850F-7E52-4A68-99ED-7B0748120DD4.jpeg

5D66F047-8FB7-431E-9012-2D356DE8E766.jpeg

Not a big fan of this though. Finding 4.65” and 6.5” bolts in a attractive style is tough.

I know the top one is a stud...so I can try and locate one and at least buy a 12pt nut
B409636B-3408-4730-AEC3-DEE40FE10F30.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Now you need to clean up that alternator and AC compressor!

I know. The AC compressor will likely be a core for a reman unit. This one has been open to the elements for way too long to attempt to use.

I wonder if I can separate the alt housing and clean/paint it.

Regardless...i'll work on that on the side. I wanted to see what hardware I had and what I need. I'll finish cleaning it all up, then remove it and box it up for later. I'll need it all off to lift the motor, so it will have to go on once the engine is back in the car.

So fresh and so clean clean......

My hope it that it stays that way for a while.

Probably not a smart idea painting it in lighter colors. But oh well..i'm having fun.

I've got parts in the mail. Replacement pushrods, and the heater tube.

Things to buy:

Valve spring kit
Valve covers
BBK fuel rail kit (with AN fittings to modify it)
4 small coolant hoses
thermostat housing

This will prob need to wait until after the holidays. That's why i'm just going through things and cleaning them up/painting.

Hoping to have the engine 100% done by Feb/March and sitting on an engine cart in the corner of my garage. Then i have to start working on the car. I didn't get a chance to powerwash the bay yet since the weather went from 90's to 20's in practically 2-3 weeks this fall.

But working on the engine bay might take some time. Patching that one strut tower will be the big task, then i need to swap out the k-member, align it and then start replumbing everything and cleaning up the wiring (i hate oil-covered wiring) which might mean stripping it down and relooming it all.

But..this is a major project i've been looking forward to doing for 20 years. Despite seeing the car in peices now...i can't wait to drive it again.

One pic to remind me what it used to look like.

EDIT: dammiy just remembered I need to do something about those 1/4 windows at some point.

IMG_5479.JPG

• Loved It!
Reactions: 2 users
My hope it that it stays that way for a while.

Probably not a smart idea painting it in lighter colors. But oh well..i'm having fun.

I've got parts in the mail. Replacement pushrods, and the heater tube.

Things to buy:

Valve spring kit
Valve covers
BBK fuel rail kit (with AN fittings to modify it)
4 small coolant hoses
thermostat housing

This will prob need to wait until after the holidays. That's why i'm just going through things and cleaning them up/painting.

Hoping to have the engine 100% done by Feb/March and sitting on an engine cart in the corner of my garage. Then i have to start working on the car. I didn't get a chance to powerwash the bay yet since the weather went from 90's to 20's in practically 2-3 weeks this fall.

But working on the engine bay might take some time. Patching that one strut tower will be the big task, then i need to swap out the k-member, align it and then start replumbing everything and cleaning up the wiring (i hate oil-covered wiring) which might mean stripping it down and relooming it all.

But..this is a major project i've been looking forward to doing for 20 years. Despite seeing the car in peices now...i can't wait to drive it again.

One pic to remind me what it used to look like.

EDIT: dammiy just remembered I need to do something about those 1/4 windows at some point.

IMG_5479.JPG

Those quarter glasses are pretty easy to recondition your self Mike, let me know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.