Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I still have plenty of little things to nickle and dime me. Need engine mounts, vac lines, hoses, an A/C condenser, hardware, etc etc etc.

Right now, i'm trying to figure out how i'll label everything and keep track of what wire goes where and routing and such. I started pulling some stuff from the bay, like the charcoal canister and some items I know very well where they go.

I'm starting to realize this project is likely going to roll through the summer and possibly fall.

Last time, I used small colored zip ties and just made color coded bands around connections. I clipped them off as I reinstalled.

"green-green to green-green Whoooooooo! I got another one! :banana: "

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Good idea. I ordered some colored bands.

I was more concerned with all the little plastic tabs that push into the various holes in the fenders. I am not filling any of them, and would like to reinstall the wire loom back to where it was originaly...or at least most of them. I may partially tuck. Right now, I need to strip the bay so I can fix the rails and then do a DIY garage paint job inside.

I'm not a huge fan of wire tucking either. I mean, it looks great but there's a lot of grafting involved in getting it right.

I also like doing new wire wraps. :nice: At least, the ones I can see.

• Agree
Right now, i'm trying to figure out how i'll label everything and keep track of what wire goes where and routing and such. I started pulling some stuff from the bay, like the charcoal canister and some items I know very well where they go.

I used zip lock baggies and wrote out what the hardware was for on them. For the wiring I wasn't sure about I wrapped with a label from my $30 Brother p-touch label maker which sounds stupid but I didn't have any doubts when putting everything back together.

Also, while your at it you may want to invest in some cans of that Eastwood internal frame coating for the inside of those frame rails.

Reactions: 1 users
I used zip lock baggies and wrote out what the hardware was for on them. For the wiring I wasn't sure about I wrapped with a label from my $30 Brother p-touch label maker which sounds stupid but I didn't have any doubts when putting everything back together.

Also, while your at it you may want to invest in some cans of that Eastwood internal frame coating for the inside of those frame rails.

+1 on the ziplocks, along with a Sharpie. I like the p-touch idea for sure...... and tons of pictures!
Going from memory is absolutely out of the question these days.

Ok. Ziplock baggies and zip ties aplenty. Colorcoding and notebook in effect. Labels as well.

2F77ECD0-3A09-4A9A-8468-449509989822.jpeg

Started pulling some stuff out of the bay. No pics yet. Just slow because taking pics and labeling and such

Reactions: 4 users
Didn’t need this, but couldn’t turn them down.

2x 1989 140mph Guage clusters for $50 for both

232CF279-5CD4-42E4-99CC-59F3783DA8AD.jpeg

No idea how they work, but I might fix one up, add leds, match the mileage and toss in my car.

I like my white face gauges...but they light up like poo at night

Ditch the white gauges.
I don't miss mine one bit, they were crappy at night and really don't fit the fox interior.
Maybe find a 160mph if you like unique?
I have a black matching saleen 170mph in my car.

since hes using all of the same parts for the most part, anyone care to point me in the right direction without me taking the blame for a thread hijack? 351w swap, t5 manual using the flywheel m-6375-a302b...the billet one. 28oz. using an lmr bellhousing spacer for a 5.0/5.8 and a pmgr starter for a 92 5.0 manual. the starter grinds and just barely turns the motor over. nose length is 2 3/8. do i need the longer one? flywheel is 157 tooth but the ring is more toward the clutch side. id hate for @Mustang5L5 to do all this using the same flywheel and have the same issue.

Other than the flywheel, everything else has already been run on my car. I did check starter alignment when I installed everything. Seemed good to go.

I have read bad things about that LMR index plate though. Primarily why I’ve gone Ford-only on as many parts as I can.

Started stripping down the engine bay. Not gonna lie...I scared myself a few times wondering how I’d get this back together again. But you know it will end up fine.

But this was scary
4975F1CE-74CC-4F49-BE06-46EAF3D1554E.jpeg

But not too bad now

C50B2F87-FFC3-4A99-98F5-6FBCEA363FE6.jpeg

The good side. The frame rail repair here should be minor. Two small bubbles but I want to see how weak they are and patch if needed.

EF0B97F4-1914-4652-BB4A-7675B4B57721.jpeg

This is the side I’m dreading though. Hard to see til I yank the MC out

F1822A32-4975-46F7-B056-59FED9168444.jpeg

Btw...where can I get these new?

CAC77468-093F-486B-B377-30F945B4178D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.