Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Just cruising now

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Seaside, CA
$1,500 is very reasonable for insurance purposes. BTW, I agree with you on the comfort. They're in the blue car, and I love 'em!

• Sponsors (?)

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I've been hunting for Recaros. They are really hard to find for a good price. Back in the early 2000s I stumbled across a few in the JY. Never thought about putting them in a fox.

Now, I keep my eyes out for Recaros and halo headrests.

The light gray with black and red stitching looks great.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I actually have my eye out for another set. Restoring them was fun and I wouldn't mind doing another set.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
So went for the first ride of the season. Car felt great. Suspension really made a difference in how it feel. It honestly rides damn good for a fox body..I'm impressed. Just the front coil overs alone made s much softer ride, but still no body roll when I throw the car around.

Alignment was off a tad. Just readjusted it a few mins ago. Needs a test drive. It's aligned but was a tad off center on the highway

Rear we a bit high so I lowered it a tad. Rolling the fenders is on my to-do list one night after work.

Found the source of my annoying squeal when I drive. Tailshaft seal was bone dry. A little lube an drew it quieted right up. Been chasing that for almos a year now.

Recaros feel damn cozy and I got a few compliments on the seats alone when out driving and stopping for gas or to check out a few things.

My hesitation is back. It's not fuel related. Car just falls in its face when I go WOT. Wish I could data log now.

I need paint correction bad. I might sub it out. Buddy does mobile detailing, and I feel like I should just fork over the money and have him fix the paint.

No mods for the summer...just cruising. I've pretty much got the car where I want minus the engine mods. Those will come later.

Just waiting for LMR to do a 10% off sale to get my K member.....

67coupe

Founding Member
Apr 5, 2002
Huntsville, AL
Awesome man! Glad you like the ride. Coil overs are a night a day deference.

Btw, you’ve got me looking for a set of Recaros. Your seats look great!

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Seaside, CA
My hesitation is back. It's not fuel related. Car just falls in its face when I go WOT. Wish I could data log now.
Well, if it's not fuel related then it's spark related, but if you hadn't specified, then fuel is the first place I'd look and it's far more likely than anything else. Can you see your fuel pressure?

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Well, if it's not fuel related then it's spark related, but if you hadn't specified, then fuel is the first place I'd look and it's far more likely than anything else. Can you see your fuel pressure?
I've chased this before. New fuel pump and have a cowl mounted FP guage. Holds steady when this happens.

I'll check ignition out

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
I know you want to run edis but.... use a CAS setup from stinger. It goes in place of the distributor cap it's a trigger wheel and sensor, does both cam and crank input. No having to figure out a crank sensor or reluctor wheel. If you want to use the edis coils buy a megasquirt quadspark, to fire the coil packs.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I don't necessarily need to run the EDIS8 module. I was debating using the quad spark. I just wanted to run the explorer wasted spark setup preferably.

Any link to the CAS setup? I can't find it on their site.

Edit: I found it. $275 and will do both crank and cam? Sign me up

BTW, what's the reputation on the Accel stock style ignition? Just realize I have one. Wonder if it's crapping the bed. Ordered new plugs and snAgged a cheap low mileage motorcraft coil to swap and test.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Another cruise. Alignment almost spot on.

I like the lowered rear setting, but I need to roll fender lips soon. Febder roller and heat gun standing by

Car ran nicely today. The MAF conversion feels no differently than when it was speed density. Easy swap.

CarMichael Angelo

I don't like your attitude, let me fix that.
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Cam/crank sensor for running distributorless with Megasquirt
Reading up on your thread...I laughed when I read that you sneak into the garage to sit in the car.

I have done the same thing. MOF, I've been in the basement listening to the audio system, sitting in the thing and really liking the fact that it's all mine.... When the wife just shows up in my bubble and pops it.

I really like those seats. I admire your tenacity,....( I like it when somebody redoes stuff till its right) Had I known that you could find those seats, redo, and makes them look like yours, I woulda waited before buying the Corbeaus.