Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful engine bud. You did a great job. And I still don't see how you get pics that good with a cell phone!
Hope you can show the install on the rear main sleeve. I'll be doing that later on and would love to see actual pics of it. I'm also needing to seal up the flywheel bolts this time. They seem to seep a bit with nothing on them.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Anyway, I guess I’m done. Some small details but that will wait until engine drops in.

Some pics of new goodness. Damn thing cost me way too much $$ and time. Hope it runs

7C1B9BE2-E2E3-4D1F-B430-1F934B085029.jpeg

4B5B2902-0A84-45C0-A206-34458082B5A2.jpeg

6B9ADC70-D88F-4B33-938C-6984A81FDFCC.jpeg

6A3EACED-D21A-41CF-B687-454A6D498982.jpeg

AF43A360-4DD4-48A0-90BE-7DDF0902C315.jpeg
Looks freakin awesome! Nice work as always.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I thought you had a real gt40 tubular intake for this engine?
That would be the icing on this cake.

Not yet, but I want one.

As much as I like how I refinished the explorer intake. I'm not in love with it like i thought i would be. I may refinish my '93 Cobra intake in black, or seek out a GT40 upper plenum for it.

We will see.

For now, the explorer is what i'll run.

I also plan on buying a set of ceramic coated headers for this engine too when I drop it in. The BBK's throw off a ton of heat and getting them coated isn't cost effective.

I'm thinking of getting mine powder coated. Right now it's wrinkle black spray paint and is decent, but I got a cover off Ebay for it and need it to match. I'd love to have it gloss black or something, but then would have to redo a bunch of crap... so not sure what to do.

1bbjWkb.jpg

I wouldn't mind doing something like this with my 93 cobra intake. I like the black look, but what is going against me is the fact that my entire bay is black. WOuld be nicer if it was a different color for contrast.

dscn2248-jpg.jpg

dscn4536-jpg.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I'm thinking of getting mine powder coated. Right now it's wrinkle black spray paint and is decent, but I got a cover off Ebay for it and need it to match. I'd love to have it gloss black or something, but then would have to redo a bunch of crap... so not sure what to do.

1bbjWkb.jpg
Red plug wires, red intake cover, red intake hose. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.