Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Recaros....again

• Sponsors (?)

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
That's an awesome pipe, good choice. Wait until you touch it, you quickly realize how crappy all the cheap pipes are.

Not in love with that smiley steering wheel or whatever you guys call it. The momo with a real ford button is far nicer.

Reddevil says he has a 91, not to derail your post (delete it after he sees it), I couldn't find any good solution for an airbag wheel that didn't leave it looking wrong, that's why I did a column swap.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Gonna try this for a bit. Ultimately I need to drive it. Not selling the Momo wheel just yet, as it could very well go back on.

I'll install the Ford horn center as soon as I finish redoing the center peice.

So for now this is just an experiment to see if I really like it.
IMG_2730.JPG

Gonna hang onto this for now
IMG_2729.JPG

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Took advantage of LMRS 7% off Pres day sale code (PRESDAY7) and bought myself something I needed.

Now I can finally ditch my stock H-pipe

View attachment 620563
That's what I have. It's in-between the Anderson 1 5/8 (made by Bassani) and Quiet Thunder cat-back.

I am surprised that they still make it. Where did you find it?

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Finally got some marine heat shrink for the speedo cable end, so tonight I installed that. I do this to seal off the crimp as I've had issues with trans fluid leaking here.

Anyway did this and attempted to install cable in VSS.

Long story short the inner spring cable was about 1/8" too long. It caused the cable to bind and be tough to spin. I had to trim some off the end to get it to spin smoothly without much resistance. Wasted 30 mins of my life on this cheap LMR cable. Time to hunt down and NOS piece.

I might send them an email on this.

Anyway, haven't done much. Put ford center on....I dunno. I might go back to Momo now
IMG_2779.JPG

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Took advantage of LMRS 7% off Pres day sale code (PRESDAY7) and bought myself something I needed.

Now I can finally ditch my stock H-pipe

View attachment 620563
Nice man that’s clean I absolutely love that I swapped to an x pipe over my h pipe. Or maybe it’s the entire new exhaust all together. They do sound great when you stomp on it.

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
That's an awesome pipe, good choice. Wait until you touch it, you quickly realize how crappy all the cheap pipes are.

Not in love with that smiley steering wheel or whatever you guys call it. The momo with a real ford button is far nicer.

Reddevil says he has a 91, not to derail your post (delete it after he sees it), I couldn't find any good solution for an airbag wheel that didn't leave it looking wrong, that's why I did a column swap.
Hey hey what’s going on in here!! Air bag wheel looks better, “stock wise” than the 89 prior wheels. I can’t believe lmr is selling that air bag wheel fr350 whatever wheel for like 250 and ppl are loving it. I’m ready to swap wheels and it’s gonna happen soon. I think I’ll do the momo over the sparco ford racing being that it just looks so sporty race and I’m trying to keep the interior more modern but classic if that makes any sense? It does in my head.
FEC18069-C463-4BE2-99F2-339BB6E2AB38.jpeg
99B0BC8F-4882-4C8F-9209-E815F1C3481D.jpeg

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Finally got some marine heat shrink for the speedo cable end, so tonight I installed that. I do this to seal off the crimp as I've had issues with trans fluid leaking here.

Anyway did this and attempted to install cable in VSS.

Long story short the inner spring cable was about 1/8" too long. It caused the cable to bind and be tough to spin. I had to trim some off the end to get it to spin smoothly without much resistance. Wasted 30 mins of my life on this cheap LMR cable. Time to hunt down and NOS piece.

I might send them an email on this.

Anyway, haven't done much. Put ford center on....I dunno. I might go back to Momo now
View attachment 620697
Dang if I still had my old speedo cable I would have sent it to you.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Im actually not digging that LMR wheel at all. Needs to be minus the tape stripe and have the same covering around the entire diameter.

Olivethefet

May 17, 2018
Enterprise AL
I have to agree with the comments on the LMR wheel. I like everything about it except the suede and red strip.

Does anyone have any experience with the factory style replacement they sell?

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
I have to agree with the comments on the LMR wheel. I like everything about it except the suede and red strip.

Does anyone have any experience with the factory style replacement they sell?
Ha me neither but figured I’d throw some red electrical tape on mine just to snap a pic. Honestly I don’t mind the factory wheel but I’m curious on how I will like the momo wheel, If i get I will have to paint the horn cap and other bronze spoke parts, but idk if I’d do them just glossy black or possibly do the horn button black and maybe the spikes the SEM Napa red. That might be to much though???

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
I blame all you bung holes and this forum.

Now I've seen the smiley faces, I cannot unsee them! :fuss:

The only safe space is an 86 to 89 wheel. :p
I beg to differ with your bloated and simple assumption. The 1983 GLX wheel is a thing of beauty.

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
I beg to differ with your bloated and simple assumption. The 1983 GLX wheel is a thing of beauty.

I have a tendency to think of Mustangs as those things beginning with fuel injection. It's a disability for which only psychotropic drugs can cure. :(