Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Recaros....again

• Sponsors (?)

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Got the wheels out and started polishing them up. I put the fronts on. Rears need to wait until I roll the fenders. Just gotta get a good heat gun.

IMG_2933.JPG

IMG_2938.JPG

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Your wife went on vacation to FL without you?
She used to live there. More like a girls week away with her friends.

Works out fine because I do a few guys weekends away in Maine roughing it and she's not interested in that at all.

We have our own long weekend away together without the kids in a few weeks for our Bday.

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Did she go to see Broly or Bulma? They're in the middle of a huge fight at the moment. Fortunately Goku has come to his senses and Vegeta hasn't said a peep (he's a very strategic fighter). As it turns out, some [noname] chick trying to make a name for herself in anime pre-planned the whole damned thing and Bulma, for whatever reason, jumped on the bandwagon, Broly got fired, and now it's a huge poop storm with lawyers involved.

Trouble is: It appears that the idiot fired Broly because of a doctored video. :nonono:

The short version is that it's all another false victim claim. Nothing is safe anymore. :nonono:

The good news is that Anime is generally much better in Japanese with English Sub so Uh... I don't give a damn. They can all self-destruct. :pop:

Oh so Florida! Yeah well... There's an event in Florida this weekend for Anime and Bulma was supposed to be there and all the crazytardz that jumped on this bandwagon started making noises about asking her questions about her accusations at the event. Well then the event company started making threats to people supposedly attending the event to show solidarity for Broly.

All this from some halfassed Anime voice actors :doh:

/trueStory uKant mAkesdis :poo: uP

P.S. The dude that does the voice for Vegeta is the only one worth a crap. :shrug:

So Um... Why is your wife going to Florida without you? :jester:

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
I swapped in a convertible rear view mirror in mine but the light it gave off is almost non existent till I put leds in there, now my interior looks ruff even in the dark!

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Got some more LEDs to try out.

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HRKPL66/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got them in red for the brake light and they actually are brighter than stock.

Light on right Is the LED
View attachment 621281
View attachment 621280

Also dropped from 5.4amps to 2.3 amps. 3rd brake light is still bulbs so I'll tackle that next to further reduce load
Nice man basically the same I have just used jdm instead. I ended up buying red 194 led for the small bulb in the corner brake and also for the 3rd brake in the wing. Only issue I’ve had thus far is the little metal prongs will push flat and then I’ll lose the bulb, so I’ll have to pull them back out, kinda pull the prongs out to gap it and pop them back in and they will make contact.

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Just keep in mind that you 'could' run into switch and relay issues when replacing incandescent with LED due to a lack of current draw. I can't say that I've heard of anyone having that issue on a Fox.

Also, don't be tempted to try LED headlights. That kind of light doesn't cut through [anything]. Might as well have a piece of reflective tape for headlights.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Just keep in mind that you 'could' run into switch and relay issues when replacing incandescent with LED due to a lack of current draw. I can't say that I've heard of anyone having that issue on a Fox.

Also, don't be tempted to try LED headlights. That kind of light doesn't cut through [anything]. Might as well have a piece of reflective tape for headlights.
I know many have had issues with cruise control with LED brakelights, but I don't have CC so no worries there. ALso delaying the turn signals for the time being as i'll need a solid state relay to do that.

Basically just swapping one set of bulbs at a time with bulbs of equal brightness. If they aren't as bright, they come back out.

So i'll likely do the smaller 194 in the tails and front outer parking lights up front next. Turn signals will wait. I'm not touching the headlights.

Reason I wanted to do this is when I took an amp reading of the car with all the lights on and saw just how much current they drew.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Not much Mustang stuff lately. Sheetrocked my garage. Bare stud look was bugging me.

Some daily driver maintainance. Front ends on these Tauruses just don't hold up. Time for new strut mounts, so decided to replace the entire strut. Since they are McPherson struts I bought new springs and prebuilt them

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3186.JPG

Only did one because wouldn't you know it? Brand new strut mount from Ford bad right out of the box

View: https://youtu.be/0wDlj94Qvlg