Mustang5l5's Progress Thread -

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Simple solution would be to just swap your T5 and crossmember out for a T56 and crossmember :) That sixth gear really does wonders but she is a good bit heavier then the T5

Also I can't remember if you have subframes or not but if you don't, I'd get some mm or steeda full lengths welded up before you park the car for the heads/cam swap.
I'm sure transmission will need to be addressed next. While i'm not beating on the car with slicks, I can't imagine a stock T5 living trouble-free for years behind 300-350 crank HP. Plus part of me wants to toss a blower on top later down the road.

I've got a shop picked out to install the mm SFC's I have. Just need to set up an appointment take a day off from work and get it done. Right now I have too much going on.

Reactions: Boostedpimp
  • Sponsors (?)

Rdub6

Advanced Member
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
I'm sure transmission will need to be addressed next. While i'm not beating on the car with slicks, I can't imagine a stock T5 living trouble-free for years behind 300-350 crank HP. Plus part of me wants to toss a blower on top later down the road.

I've got a shop picked out to install the mm SFC's I have. Just need to set up an appointment take a day off from work and get it done. Right now I have too much going on.
I haven't been on here too long, but you seem like a guy who doesn’t like anyone working on your car. I’m sure you did, but I hope you checked them out real well!!

Steel1

Advanced Member
Aug 18, 2017
Connecticut

I believe your car is just a nice weather street cruiser like mine.
Just fyi, I've been running my stock T5z (75k mi.) behind the original 302 with 3 different s/c set-ups and now an n/a 393w.
Obviously I don't beat on it or launch on slicks, just some spirited street driving from time to time, so
you should have some time to decide if you want to invest in a 6spd.

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I haven't been on here too long, but you seem like a guy who doesn’t like anyone working on your car. I’m sure you did, but I hope you checked them out real well!!
Trust me, it's going to hurt to hand the keys over, but I don't have a welder setup yet in my garage so it's just more cost effective.

Local shop does pretty good work with regards to performance cars and came highly recommended. I might take a ride by and talk to the owner a bit when I make the appt.

Right now...I just don't have the time, but I plan to this summer

Reactions: Rdub6

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I believe your car is just a nice weather street cruiser like mine.
Just fyi, I've been running my stock T5z (75k mi.) behind the original 302 with 3 different s/c set-ups and now an n/a 393w.
Obviously I don't beat on it or launch on slicks, just some spirited street driving from time to time, so
you should have some time to decide if you want to invest in a 6spd.
I have a busted T-5 sitting around. Cheapest option would be to just buy the astro 485 TQ kit and call it a day. Probably perfectly adequate for what I need if the current T-5 doesn't hold up. I priced out some of the other trans and with the additional items I need, it's just expensive.

Reactions: Steel1

deathb4dismount

Crap, didn’t realize my crotch was in that picture
5 Year Member
Oct 6, 2011
THE BUCKET
Mike, are you central MA? Not sure how far you are willing to drive but the shop I use in South Eastern MA is strictly a mustang place and has been in foxbody business since the 90s. I send everyone I know their way, PM me if you want details.

BlakeusMaximus

“Blakeusdoneimus”
Jul 12, 2017
Finally got out for a nice long drive this AM. Sunroof off, 70 degrees, car running great. Def an enjoyable AM. Now back to kids and house projects

IMG_4586.JPG

LMR is having a 10% off sale....so I bought something
What did you buy Mike? Is it a surprise?