Mustang5l5's Progress Thread -

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I'm impressed at how soft the inside portion is. Definitely nice for the paint. You just want to make sure you put it on a clean car to avoid getting dirt caught in the material

• Sponsors (?)

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Finally put my ONYX car cover on. This thing is like yoga pants for cars (not that I know what that feels like). Very tight and stretchy yet soft. It looks more expensive than it actually was

IMG_4626.JPG
Nice you finally put it on, I love mine it’s a sexy cover. Or is that kinda weird to say? Idk it’s nice like an exotic cars cover.

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Look what showed up early.

IMG_4653.JPG

Also....fender rolling...I hate it. Need to touch this up. Tire must have caught the rolled lip slightly and tore some paint

IMG_4654.JPG

Also, did you know a replacement EPAS steering rack for a '14 taurus cost $1k? I know now because I need one

TIMe for a drink

Last edited:

deathb4dismount

Crap, didn’t realize my crotch was in that picture
5 Year Member
Oct 6, 2011
THE BUCKET
The suspension, steering parts on the explorer/Taurus platform suck. They fail prematurely and do not handle abuse.

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Tell me about it. Unsure if I should pony up the nearly $2k to have the dealer do it....or trade the car in. I really could use a truck...but the Taurus is cheap to operate

I don't have the time to wrestle with it and then deal with figuring out programming the steering modules via forscan.

Last edited:

BlakeusMaximus

“Blakeusdoneimus”
Jul 12, 2017
Ok..let's focus on stuff I don't mind paying $1k for.

This stuff is solid, although not as light as I thought it would be

IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4657.JPG
Man! Nice Mike. Cool stuff. I’ll get to do the major upgrades one of these days. Right now all I can afford is just refreshening my car with oem replacement stuff, and boy does it need it! My rear shocks and quads are original and they have served their purpose a few times over. But, that’s what I liked about my car when I bought it, it was rust free and all original.

Reactions: Rdub6

darkfader

Mustang Master
Feb 16, 2017
Davis, WV
I love the fit and finish of the MM parts. Install of the K isn’t too bad. 4 plumb bobs makes it a little easier. Hang them and wait for them to stop swinging and use some painters tape on the floor to make your marks and then measure real careful to get it squared up. IIRC, the whole setup only drops around 40lbs off the front end but that’s still pretty substantial. We almost have identical suspensions! :cheers:

Reactions: Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Very nice. What’s first, the rear PHB set up?
Can't do the PHB until the exhaust is back on the car. Only reason I didn't do it is because I bought the new Bassini X-pipe and didn't want to install it in case it shifted the location of the tailpipes slightly back or foreward. I didn't install the x-pipe yet because I wanted to drive the car.

In other words...I've got another big pile of parts building.

Unfortnately I just found out my DD needs the steering rack replaced @ $2500.....so going to put off buying Mustang parts for a bit

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Fortunately I only need a couple more items for the engine. I don't think it will hold me back. Most of what I need to do requires pure elbow grease. Looking forward to finally making the engine look nice and getting some decent power.

I want to be "done" with this car