Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realized I never unboxed this either. Figure I should inspect it. Really nice quality stuff.

I imagine as some point I'll change out the flowmasters. prob gain some power with the new heads

IMG_4766.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice, yeah it would be cool to see what you come up with. Your's will be different from mine because I have the moly UPR setup but here's what I came up with last time I did the swap. **forgot to toss the coil sleeves and collars on the scale which is annoying but plan to in the future when I need to replaces the struts.

OEM k member 44.1 lbs
OEM a arms with ball joints 12.2 lbs each
Lakewood struts 11lbs
OEM springs 13 lbs each

UPR moly K member 17.4.lbs
UPR tubular a arms 6 lbs each
Eibach springs 3 lbs each

Here's what I got so far.

Tokico struts w/strut mounts : 28.8 lbs combined
Oe style springs from Mach 1: 20.4 lbs combined
MM k member with hardware and brace: 41.6 lbs
MM tubular street arms : 15.4 lbs combined

Some other misc stuff I have laying around

Mm panhard chassis mount : 10.4 lbs
Mm panhard bar...bar : 5.3 lbs
MM 4-pt brace for stock k member. 8.8 lbs

The k member itself is around 39 lbs, but the supplied brace and hardware bring it up a few more lbs. but using your numbers for the k member and stock arms it looks like the MM k member and a arms shave off 11.5 lbs. need to weigh the coil overs and Caster Camber plates when I remove them. Also need to weigh the strut tower brace.

Reference photo of the struts and strut mounts
IMG_4771.JPG

Last edited:
damn it never weighed the cc plates neither

MM has a list of weights. For their C/C plates they claim 3lbs per side. I imagine that's pretty typical for all brands

Using their weights listed here, I've kinda calculated out what I've saved. I'll weight the parts later when I get them off, but:

Front struts, coil overs, springs, c/c plates = 38.8 LBS both sides.

So with the K member I get:
MM, k-member, a arms, struts, coil overs, springs, c/c plates = 95.8 LBS

100% Stock suspension stuff: 125.8 LBS

Difference: 30 LBS.

Reactions: 1 users
So trying something out.

Found a cheap seat cover for an 03-04 Cobra bottom rear. Previous owner removed it from seat improperly and damaged the foam. They figured without the foam it was useless..so I got it cheap.

So I broke out my 03-04 GT rear seat nobody wants and ripped that cover off

IMG_5346.JPG
IMG_5353.JPG

Wouldn't you know it? The cobra cover fits nicely. Velcro mounting strips are identical. Almost hog ringed down. Did I mention I really starting to like interior work?

IMG_5356.JPG

Finished work...a mint Cobra seat bottom. Tossed the GT seat material on eBay.

IMG_5371.JPG

Now to try something....

IMG_5359.JPG

It's close, but the material and color is slightly off. Right now i'm debating if I recover the rear seat to match the front, or the front seat inserts to match the rear.

There is a downside to this though. The SN95 seat bottom doesn't really fit well in a fox, and I still need the cobra seat backs, and donor fox seat backs. At the end of the day, do I want to spend ~$400 or so to put an 03/04 cobra seat in the back that doesn't really fit or match well?

At the same time, I wasn't really crazy about the Corbeau rear seat pattern enough to put a gray insert in it. Still trying to decide how i'll do this without spending a mint.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Corbeau rear seat next to the Cobra.

As you can see, the pattern on the cobra seat is much more appealing. If I change out the inserts on the corbeau seat, that side material still would drive me crazy with the horizontal pattern

IMG_5358.JPG

Decided to jump on the ATS brembo bandwagon and see what it's about. I know there are mixed feelings in this mod due to the modifications needed to mount them.

Decided to play around and see if I could find a better way to run these.

Probably not changing out my Corvette calipers at this time as I am 100% happy with the setup...but I'm curious.

$50/shipped....got a nice one from a recycler.

IMG_5426.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

• Loved It!
Yes the numbers look right Mike. There is a bit of loss with volume between the bore and above the ring only a few calculators consider this and it's only worth a couple of 100's which is only critical when calculating a spec motor. I use this one online:
Link

Status
Not open for further replies.