Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I think I’m done with the body work. I’ll have my painter and a bodyman feel it over tomorrow. Then its time to feather out the rest of the paint and get it ready for primer. I still have the 100+ GT ground effects to prep. I also got all the double sided tape off the doors too. Still waiting for my PDR friend to come over. Ill bug him tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I had the painter and a body man feel my body work on the door this morning and they said I needed to do one more swipe. I think I got it. I’m having them feel it because that’s what they do all day long. Bodymen fix the panels, painters feel it over before they prime. I got the ok from them on all the other panels. The drivers door was the worst of the panels. There were door dings in bigger dents, waves etc. I think I got it though. This should be the last of the body work, I’ll know tomorrow morning.
3CE5E619-A600-4DA0-A130-9A7B18361DBF.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
Well, I had one more swipe to do in a different area below the door handle, had a low spot. I swiped it just a little while ago before I got started with the day. Excuse the way it looks, I haven’t sanded it down yet. I will after work, or maybe during lunch. I would like to see primer on it this afternoon. I swear, it seems like the metal changes over night like “Christine.”
D8FE205E-87C4-4FD2-9F70-04BE48A9E5EA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I thought about that! That’s funny, especially when you put them all together like that. I know what to do, just not very fast at doing it. It’s getting there though.

Reactions: 1 users
E27D704D-49CC-4EDF-AD74-600EA120D119.jpeg

My bodywork passed the test. The head painter has the final say on the body work the body techs complete and he gave me the go ahead for primer. Tonight, I’m going to prep and spray my aprons with a couple coats of gray SEM primer to match the factory color under there and get my fenders fitted tonight and then on to priming.

Reactions: 1 users
So I cleaned and dressed up my aprons with some white and gray direct to metal primer and I got my fenders mounted up and aligned. Looks like Ford used both gray primer and white paint in that area I’m really liking on my front end is lining up now. I still need to get my PDR buddy over to do the dents on the roof. I sent him over a car this week for an insurance job so I know he’s busy with that. But I’m really getting to the point where I need him to pull those so I can continue. Oh wait I forgot I still have all those ground effects to prep. I should be able to get the car and primer tomorrow after work.
AB74DC89-660E-4AC9-B5F2-C398390AA657.jpeg
3A293281-4747-443B-A5C1-24BB817E5116.jpeg
6DBB8DA7-2733-455A-956F-E6400651F7C4.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
My car didn't have speakers in the doors either. The connectors should be in there though. The other end is behind the kick panel. Just a little 2 wire gray connector. Gotta have sound in the doors. When you install them make sure the window mechanism doesn't hit them. The deeper speakers may have a clearance issue.

Reactions: 1 user
My car didn't have speakers in the doors either. The connectors should be in there though. The other end is behind the kick panel. Just a little 2 wire gray connector. Gotta have sound in the doors. When you install them make sure the window mechanism doesn't hit them. The deeper speakers may have a clearance issue.

Yeah I found that strange. I don't have a deck in the car. The one that was in the car when I bought it wouldn't turn up or down correctly. It would either blow your eardrums or just had no sound at all. I took it out and put in an old delete panel I had left over from another Stang I had in. I figure a GT would have came with door speakers from the factory though. Thanks for the tip!

Just so you guys know, my grandpa called me “BlakeusMaximus” since I was a little kid, he always did.

I like the names Steve is coming up with.