Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

I vote that when it's done, you don't drive to the store, to a parking spot, or even outside of the garage just to move it without the primary and secondary hood latches installed. :D

random thought
please carry on

I vote that when it's done, you don't drive to the store, to a parking spot, or even outside of the garage just to move it without the primary and secondary hood latches installed. :D

random thought
please carry on

That’s good advice Noobz. :cool: And that IS pretty random

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I think green emblems would be a nice touch Blake:nice:

The only green on my car is on my Seahawks license plate frame Dave, and I hate that they use that green, action green they call it.

I do like the green that your going with though Dave. Have you seen the green Nissan uses on some of the Pathfinders? It’s a similar green that you went with. It’s a neat color.

The only green on my car is on my Seahawks license plate frame Dave, and I hate that they use that green, action green they call it.

I do like the green that your going with though Dave. Have you seen the green Nissan uses on some of the Pathfinders? It’s a similar green that you went with. It’s a neat color.
Seahawks..........aren't they something like an WNBA team or something?:D

:rlaugh:

I’m a lifelong Seahawks fan Dave. I spent my childhood up there and moved down here to Albuquerque when I was 15. I’m not one of those guys that becomes fans of teams when they win championships. I’ve been through the highs and lows of that franchise. You should see my pool table room.

FFE95C2E-262C-4350-B287-902D765B84C5.jpeg

Don’t mind all the bull:poo: on my pool table, under all that is a Seahawks pool table cover

I got the drivers side, half the roof, and the hatch blocked. I could never do this :poo: for a living! I’ve done it here and there but not every day. My hats off to you Dave! But I know you have your minions to do that for you

A7B003F8-8D2E-4022-8EBF-DAB91B03C446.jpeg
F1F04167-B098-425D-9ECB-275EB0D6718F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
And what I meant by it doing this stuff everyday is prepping cars for paint. I like the disassembly, body work and reassembly but prepping cars is tedious work. I guess it’s not that bad, when your doing it for yourself. I am excited to get this car reassembled so I can enjoy it this summer. I do have a few other things I want to get done soon too. I asked for some LCA’s for my birthday that’s coming up. I’ll probably replace my uppers with oem style arms. I also want to repaint my upper intake and valve covers and detail my engine compartment. @CarMichael Angelo has a good write up on that. That’s all stuff I can do when I get the car back home. Can’t wait to drive it again though. I really didn’t drive it much over the winter. Getting anxious for sure.

Another Saturday morning here at the shop. I stayed late the last few nights getting this thing blocked. I have a little bit more to go. I have a couple spots on the hood that I want to flatten out and then I’m going to go over all my edges. I’ll have all the blocking done today. Then, tape up and paint.

1B78D9FF-2F0D-4C3D-B337-1F796FFE71BD.jpeg
5CE2DE0F-502D-407C-BFDB-BAA49A2F1234.jpeg
CDA55312-E232-48BC-A7B3-93721C79E40A.jpeg
5F9BA8F3-157A-403C-92A0-3658B1D4400B.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Got all the blocking and prep work done today. The car and all it’s parts are ready for paint. All I need to do is wash it. I made a deal with the painter and we should be painting the car Monday after work. Am I still BlockusMaximimus @Noobz347? Or was I really ever him? :cool:

C39C5E4E-F7D4-4C57-9ADC-14C49135C9BC.jpeg
F61A87BA-A0AE-49C2-8AB7-6F6E0B952E1A.jpeg
019447EE-2695-4FF3-90F4-18F4B3C69990.jpeg
CB9936F4-C9B3-4AA1-ABA6-FB83DF5D8680.jpeg