My Car Hates Me. I Just Cant Give Up. Lets Play The Whats Wrong With My Car Now Game

Wow man, that's some bad luck. I've had good luck with my cars (bought new with a few of them), I'd probably be a Chevy guy if I had what you're going through. Like mentioned check the radiator cap, pressure test the system. Could be just the stat or something minimal like before.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like just a regular ford to me. I have bad luck with all of mine too. It's just something to expect when owning a ford. From my and my dad's experience, chevys are a ton more dependable. I would switch back without a doubt if I didn't have projects hanging over my head. Good luck man. Your luck sounds worse than mine, which I thought was impossible.

I've had my '86 for 9 years and almost 70,000 miles, and every single mechanical failure I've ever had was directly related to something I had personally FUBARed myself.

In my experience, 99% of the time, when a Mustang owner has problems with his car:

1. He's too ignorant to know that it's his own fault.
2. Too stubborn to admit it's his fault.
3. Knows it's his fault and readily admits it.

The first couple years I owned the '86 I was a number 1, after that I was a number 2 for a little while, and for the last 5 years or so, I've been a number 3. :p

FWIW, I drove a Crown Victoria in college that had 275,000 miles on it when I finally got rid of it, and it was still very drivable. My Dad's had two F-series trucks since I was a kid, both of which went well into the 6-digit odometer range, and the most they were guilty of was rusty quarter panels. Those trucks saw regular towing duty, too, and were always parked outside. Fords can be very dependable, I don't know where you guys are getting this idea that they're not. I always thought general consensus was that Fords are one of the MORE reliable American vehicles.

Thats crappy. Whats wrong with yours?
What gets me mad about mine is that I just fixed it after it sat most of the last 2 years and it was better then ever for like 3 trips into town. I am dreading the truck now and going from 28 to 13mpg and the fact that I robbed the alpine out of it to put in the car. Hey its not a hard job. Its the wasted money on butt connectors lol. That car ate 2 other cd players recently. Ill get another cd player for the truck....

A lot of it was neglect from previous owners. Even more was the car was just down right stubborn and on more than one occasion resisted repairs. BK_CAULEY came over one weekend and we were going to take care of a whole list of to do items to get the car fired up and ready after I had rebuilt the engine. The car fought us every step of the way. broken bolts, carrier pin in the rear end wouldnt come out, EEC not getting certain input signals, front struts wouldnt come off. NEw struts didnt want to go back in. Months down the road finally get the car running worth a damn. Make a road trip. It was awesome. Repair a failing injector and it drives great all day. The next day BAM!! engine fire. In the process of scrubbing and painting right now.

I've had my '86 for 9 years and almost 70,000 miles, and every single mechanical failure I've ever had was directly related to something I had personally FUBARed myself.

In my experience, 99% of the time, when a Mustang owner has problems with his car:

1. He's too ignorant to know that it's his own fault.
2. Too stubborn to admit it's his fault.
3. Knows it's his fault and readily admits it.

The first couple years I owned the '86 I was a number 1, after that I was a number 2 for a little while, and for the last 5 years or so, I've been a number 3. :p

FWIW, I drove a Crown Victoria in college that had 275,000 miles on it when I finally got rid of it, and it was still very drivable. My Dad's had two F-series trucks since I was a kid, both of which went well into the 6-digit odometer range, and the most they were guilty of was rusty quarter panels. Those trucks saw regular towing duty, too, and were always parked outside. Fords can be very dependable, I don't know where you guys are getting this idea that they're not. I always thought general consensus was that Fords are one of the MORE reliable American vehicles.
Well the last part of this is okay I mean anyone can get lucky with any auto, but the first part is just u not knowing who your dealing with. First ill say that yes every problem has something to do with me. I drive the stupid car like I stole it every time I get in it. So no arguing here. I drive it hard and it hates me for it. Yet I didnt even blow the first motor. The car was stolen so now its on its second high millage motor. It started out that way cause I cant afford a forged 347 or anything like it. Im just tired of getting the short end of the stick. One problem after another. If anything its not the car. its my luck. I will say that I would have blown 4 chevy motors in the time it took me to stress one 5.0. I sill have to go by exp at the same time. An average Honda will still work long after an average ford. Say what u want thats my exp.

A lot of it was neglect from previous owners. Even more was the car was just down right stubborn and on more than one occasion resisted repairs. BK_CAULEY came over one weekend and we were going to take care of a whole list of to do items to get the car fired up and ready after I had rebuilt the engine. The car fought us every step of the way. broken bolts, carrier pin in the rear end wouldnt come out, EEC not getting certain input signals, front struts wouldnt come off. NEw struts didnt want to go back in. Months down the road finally get the car running worth a damn. Make a road trip. It was awesome. Repair a failing injector and it drives great all day. The next day BAM!! engine fire. In the process of scrubbing and painting right now.
Wow. you feel like me. Only ill just let mine stay dirty till it makes me happy. Good luck to u.