Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

Here is the driver seat installed.

IMG_3083.JPG
IMG_3085.JPG
IMG_3087.JPG
IMG_3088.JPG

Reactions: 11 users
  • Sponsors (?)

That's my question. How high do you sit? Because my 01 GT seats are a lot higher than the OE seats. Of course it's nice to finally have a power seat, but they're just not as comfortable. In retrospect, I should have recovered the OE seats in leather.

That's my question. How high do you sit? Because my 01 GT seats are a lot higher than the OE seats. Of course it's nice to finally have a power seat, but they're just not as comfortable. In retrospect, I should have recovered the OE seats in leather.
I sit a little higher. I will measure before and after when I do the passenger seat to know the true difference. Both of the seats look to be the same height between the new seat and my old passenger seat. Not sure if the main difference is due to the fact that I don't sink a couple inches in to the new seat like I did the old seat. Worn out foam and springs made for a saggy seat, kind of like sinking in to an old couch.

That's sweet. Any detailed instructions or just rip off the new seat base and fabricate some brackets to adapt to the fox seat tracks?
Just remove all the junk you can and build frames to attach the Fox rails to. Most pieces require torx bits to take apart. Some are not possible to access like the motor for seat tilt that would require a complete seat bottom disassembly. I took a ziz wheel and cut them off which trashed the motor. My time is way too limited to provide a step by step instruction on this unfortunately. I get married this weekend and then heading back to San Diego for a honeymoon. When I get back I should have some time to casually work on the passenger seat.

Reactions: 2 users
Just remove all the junk you can and build frames to attach the Fox rails to. Most pieces require torx bits to take apart. Some are not possible to access like the motor for seat tilt that would require a complete seat bottom disassembly. I took a ziz wheel and cut them off which trashed the motor. My time is way too limited to provide a step by step instruction on this unfortunately. I get married this weekend and then heading back to San Diego for a honeymoon. When I get back I should have some time to casually work on the passenger seat.
Congrats on the nuptials

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on the nuptials

Those look pretty sweet.

Congrats on getting married
Thanks guys. As you know a little over a year ago was a scary time for me and you guys gave me great advice and I came out even stronger and better than I expected. In April I met a woman that WOW'd me (and my kids) and here I am :cool:

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks guys. As you know a little over a year ago was a scary time for me and you guys gave me great advice and I came out even stronger and better than I expected. In April I met a woman that WOW'd me (and my kids) and here I am :cool:
That’s awesome. Life is strange that way...I met a woman in April also...just purposed on New Year’s Eve and we are going to elope in the next couple months. Congrats again and the seats look awesome!

That’s awesome. Life is strange that way...I met a woman in April also...just purposed on New Year’s Eve and we are going to elope in the next couple months. Congrats again and the seats look awesome!

Congratulations guys!

And the seat looks great. I have a buddy that did it too and have been pining for them as well.

Reactions: 1 users
For us Cobra IRS guys. @Hoytster @RacEoHolic330 @90sickfox @bird_dog0347 did I forget anyone?

Go to 7:10 in this video for hard tail modification (I would do it a little different but his works) and then at 9:00 he shows his tire clearance which is much improved. He's running an 18x9.5 wheel with 275's out back. Still a ton of work just to fit wider wheels/tires but hey, it's a sickness. If it were easy it wouldn't be as much fun and everyone would be doing it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OLZwbCxCoQ

Jack Hidley said that you better be sure to get the hard tail mount just right. Any binding while bolting in the subframe can cause misalignment of the control arm mounting points.