Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

After some early Spring driving I came to the conclusion that I hated my decision to stick my old unknown T5 in my car. All of last summer I could not shift quickly at high rpm from 1-2 or 2-3 and I could not down shift from 5-4. The dang tail shaft had a constant drip too. When I pulled my engine/trans over a year back it was coated in oil and road grime and with freezing winter temps I didn't feel like cleaning up my original low mile T5 that came in my car when I bought. I instead installed a cleaned up older T5 that I thought worked well but I was very wrong. Now that it warmed up a little out here I finally fixed that problem and cleaned up my good working T5 and bought a Pro5.0 power tower shifter to replace my SVE cheap P.O.S. shifter.

I got everything back together, gave my car it's annual bath and now I can really rip through the gears and enjoy my car :burnout:
IMG_3416.JPG

Handle is notoriously short so I'll either be ordering the Steeda handle or modifying my stock handle to fit the Pro5.0 base.

Reactions: 5 users
As I’ve stated before, I LOVE your mustang. It really looks nice brother.
Thanks Dave I appreciate the compliments.

I drove it to work yesterday and today and I've got this dang vibration now. It''s a low rpm medium-high load shudder/vibration going on. I need to recheck my transmission mounts and see what's what. Hopefully it's simple because it wasn't there before I swapped transmissions.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Picked up my new BFG G-gorce tires today. 235/40/18 for the front and 245/40/18 for the rear.
IMG_0121.JPG

Old vs new, Nitto 555 on the left which is a 275 wide tire and the new BFG 245 wide tire on the right which is not mounted or inflated yet. Not a big difference in width so I'm happy to not be sacrificing much tire in the rear.
IMG_0122.JPG

I got all my IRS subframe rubber bushings removed and about to install the MM bushing kit. After all the hustle of removing the rubber subframe bushing I decided to outsource the control arms. It's a lot of frickin work!! Sears auto center has always been good to me when I need stuff pressed in or their heavy duty spring compressor for my F-150 springs so I decided to let them tackle it for me. For all 8 bushings pressed out and the new MM bushings and sleeves pressed back in it cost me $115 and freed me up to work a fair amount of OT which means I made a lot more than I spent and progress on the IRS rebuild was still made. Win win. Unfortunately I still haven't received my rims yet. Maybe still another week out.
So you original
So why did you drop in tire size? 275 to 245? I’m looking for tires and thinknim doing the same on the front 235/40r18 and was thinking of going 275/35s rear just not sure if they will fit. I’m contemplating buying some cheap 5 lugs I found on Craig’s so I can drive the car to discount vs buying tires have them mounted, bring them home and see if it works and if not I have to take them back to swap sizes. I don’t have my fenders rolled either. Also how do you like the BFGs? I was goin to do Nitto 555s front, and NT05s rear but just looking for other options.

So you original
So why did you drop in tire size? 275 to 245? I’m looking for tires and thinknim doing the same on the front 235/40r18 and was thinking of going 275/35s rear just not sure if they will fit. I’m contemplating buying some cheap 5 lugs I found on Craig’s so I can drive the car to discount vs buying tires have them mounted, bring them home and see if it works and if not I have to take them back to swap sizes. I don’t have my fenders rolled either. Also how do you like the BFGs? I was goin to do Nitto 555s front, and NT05s rear but just looking for other options.
The 03' cobra wheels with 275 tires were 4 lug when I was still rocking a SRA out back. I then did the Cobra IRS swap but my new wheels didn't have optimal offset so I had to downsize the tire to 245 which isn't too big of a deal. Because I'm modifying my car for taking corners I'll never run tires out back that are wider than the front. I will eventually run a "square" setup all around (same width rims, tires, offset). I love the BFG's and will likely stick with them when I'm due for another set.

I had a similar problem, but mine was ME screwing up the pinion swap to use the fox driveshaft on the IRS... cost me a rear end rebuild.
The other day I jacked up my car and checked over my transmission mounts and could get another turn on my outer cross brace bolts. The vibration has been reduced but is still there just a little bit. I'm not feeling any vibration through my shifter hand so I'm thinking I need to replace my old worn out cross brace bushings. My center trans mount is PU so I'll do the same with the cross brace mounts too. They get good reviews on LMR.

SWEET!
Well, 'cept the avalanch with wheels, bleh. Bug with skirts, 58 chev and a fox following the bird, kinda like your own personal parade.
Just another day in paradise. :nice:
All walks of life join in for this organized cruise, lowriders on hydro's, bagged dually's, hot rods, oldies, lifted trucks, street bikes, etc . I really like that white Lincoln on bags, it was really well done. That Lincoln and the 58' were both owned by younger guys in their 30's. Really cool IMO. There was a lot of love for the Foxbody and Joe's (groverdill) old 85' GT t-top was there cruising with me for a bit. He sold it to a really nice guy that is taking good care of it. He will be adding some decent HP to it soon.
cruise.PNG
cruise2.PNG

Reactions: 2 users
This looked like a really good time, in my area they do these cruises as well but i have not participated for awhile due to the attention they seem to get from the police..... Hoping to do this again as soon as i get the car back on the road, this time with a much more laid back group.