Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

1528032264472.png

What's up with that guy? LoL

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

It's been a while guys, what's up?! Driving season is around the corner so it's time to think about what my frozen car will be needing once is thaws. Well the stock Mustang headlights suck and it gets really dark out here in Eastern Washington so I'm upgrading those. I just ordered a Morimoto mini D2S HID projector kit from The Retrofit Source and 3pc ultra clear headlights from LMR. Hopefully I'll be able to see the road much better this Spring. I also need to replace my new door seals with the Ford set that I have. The LMR house brand suck!! While I'm doing that I'm going to replace my head liner that is falling down.

Once it warms up a bit I'll get working on all of that along with finally installing my ProMeth kit. Hope all is well with you Stangnet'ers.

1550696720505.png

Reactions: 4 users
Please do post up the details and differences of the headlight upgrade. I agree our headlights do just suck, so look forward to seeing how they work out for you.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Well I'm going to find out how good The Retrofit Source customer service is, I just found out they shipped out my order with the wrong relay harness. Good thing I'm doing this early and mistakes aren't costing me any down time. It's 10* out right now and once again I wish I had a heated garage :nonono: Bright side of it is we have fresh powder in the mountains and snowboarding has been great this year.

It's been a while guys, what's up?! Driving season is around the corner so it's time to think about what my frozen car will be needing once is thaws. Well the stock Mustang headlights suck and it gets really dark out here in Eastern Washington so I'm upgrading those. I just ordered a Morimoto mini D2S HID projector kit from The Retrofit Source and 3pc ultra clear headlights from LMR. Hopefully I'll be able to see the road much better this Spring. I also need to replace my new door seals with the Ford set that I have. The LMR house brand suck!! While I'm doing that I'm going to replace my head liner that is falling down.

Once it warms up a bit I'll get working on all of that along with finally installing my ProMeth kit. Hope all is well with you Stangnet'ers.

1550696720505.png
That’s a great photo and well that’s sucks bc I just ordered the door and hatch weather strip! So it’s no good? This is what you are referring to correct? 772157F3-59B5-4AD3-B898-E6D343ABF841.jpeg

That’s a great photo and well that’s sucks bc I just ordered the door and hatch weather strip! So it’s no good? This is what you are referring to correct? 772157F3-59B5-4AD3-B898-E6D343ABF841.jpeg
Use the hatch seal and throw the rest in the trash. My doors would not close without slamming them really hard. No they won't work themselves in after time either. As a bandaid fix I adjusted my door striker and now my door doesn't close flush with the rear quarter panel but I don't have to slam it anymore. I ordered the "exact Ford reproduction" seals from LMR, they're more expensive ($37) but get way better reviews. I will be installing them this Spring.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-20708AE-PR/1979-93-Mustang-Door-To-Body-Weatherstrip-Pair-Exact-Ford-Re

Use the hatch seal and throw the rest in the trash. My doors would not close without slamming them really hard. No they won't work themselves in after time either. As a bandaid fix I adjusted my door striker and now my door doesn't close flush with the rear quarter panel but I don't have to slam it anymore. I ordered the "exact Ford reproduction" seals from LMR, they're more expensive ($37) but get way better reviews. I will be installing them this Spring.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-20708AE-PR/1979-93-Mustang-Door-To-Body-Weatherstrip-Pair-Exact-Ford-Re
Daaaaammmmmmnnnnn it!!! They do look really big like they would cause that door issue you were having. Well that sucks!

Best garage upgrade I did was run a 240v line out to the garage and install a cheap 5000w ceiling mount electric heater.
I used a dryer plug and pigtail off the heater, the whole set-up cost about $500 with me doing the install.
It isn't super powerful but if I'm going to be out there I flip it on and let it run for a couple of hours, takes the chill out
and makes it rather comfortable.
This of course is about the smallest two car garage allowed by code...lol

Best garage upgrade I did was run a 240v line out to the garage and install a cheap 5000w ceiling mount electric heater.
I used a dryer plug and pigtail off the heater, the whole set-up cost about $500 with me doing the install.
It isn't super powerful but if I'm going to be out there I flip it on and let it run for a couple of hours, takes the chill out
and makes it rather comfortable.
This of course is about the smallest two car garage allowed by code...lol
That's a pretty good idea. I had a subpanel installed a couple years ago in my garage to run my 60 gallon air compressor and I have plenty of slots remaining to install a couple 2p/20amp circuits for electric heaters. I'm likely moving in a couple years to get a bigger house (hopefully with a pool and detached shop) so I do not want to invest too much into heating my garage.

Just a little thread bump. My son and I are un-quarantining the Fox with a Spring oil change and we drained and filled the Kenne Bell too :)
IMG_1477.jpg

I figure while he's out of school and I'm working from home I can get some small loose ends tied up on the Fox with my 11 y/o son. I'm home schooling my kids during this time so I thought an auto shop class and wood shop class would be a benefit. We started with the oil change, next up we will remove the Pro5.0 shifter handle (too short) and modify the stock handle to fit the Pro5.0 base. Next up we will do door seals and new headliner. That should keep us busy for a bit.

Hope y'all are doing well!

• Useful
Reactions: 5 users
I still want the KB!!!!! Lol we can all dream a little, and this quarantine has me nuts. I can’t stand being locked in I always have to be doing something out and about. That’s some good bonding/learning time right there.

I still want the KB!!!!! Lol we can all dream a little, and this quarantine has me nuts. I can’t stand being locked in I always have to be doing something out and about. That’s some good bonding/learning time right there.
Honestly I'm afraid to change anything major on my car. It runs so dang good and is super reliable I just don't want to mess with a good thing. Car starts every time and always gets me home and is a blast to drive which is ultimately our goal, right?

I love your car bro! It's come a long ways and has been modified very tastefully. I hope you get your occasional no start issue figured out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users