Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

Just a little thread bump. My son and I are un-quarantining the Fox with a Spring oil change and we drained and filled the Kenne Bell too :)
IMG_1477.jpg

I figure while he's out of school and I'm working from home I can get some small loose ends tied up on the Fox with my 11 y/o son. I'm home schooling my kids during this time so I thought an auto shop class and wood shop class would be a benefit. We started with the oil change, next up we will remove the Pro5.0 shifter handle (too short) and modify the stock handle to fit the Pro5.0 base. Next up we will do door seals and new headliner. That should keep us busy for a bit.

Hope y'all are doing well!

Teaching him the essentials. This is a great time to do some work on our cars, without other things getting in the way. They just shutdown a bunch of stuff here in MA, but I think autoparts stores are considered essential. Which is good because I need to get a pulley press from NAPA or where ever.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Teaching him the essentials. This is a great time to do some work on our cars, without other things getting in the way. They just shutdown a bunch of stuff here in MA, but I think autoparts stores are considered essential. Which is good because I need to get a pulley press from NAPA or where ever.
Yep, my son got a reminder that "lefty loosey, righty tighty" changes as you approach a bolt from different POV angles. He got a lesson in patience with that one. A good teaching moment about taking a 5 minute break and coming back to it :cool:

Reactions: 1 users
Hope there’s a jack stand under there that I can’t see. Relying on a seal in that jack is something I stopped doing a long time ago!!
InkedIMG_1477_LI.jpg

I'm boosted, you know we got jack stands! (two used, the wheel is blocking the other)
Now, if my ex-wife was to be changing oil, the old china made leaky floor jack would do the job splendidly :rlaugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Had a little weekend fun cruise with my 11 y/o son and twin 6 y/o daughters. It was about a 100 mile round trip and had a blast. Destination was a place called Cruisers Bar & Grill at Stateline Idaho which is a cool place and YOU CAN DRIVE YOUR CAR THROUGH THE BAR!!

Sick ice cream van!!
IMG_1724.jpg
IMG_1734.jpg
IMG_1737.jpg

Kids enjoyed cleaning up the Fox....
IMG_1755.jpg
IMG_1752.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
My buddies uncle had one forever, not sure if he still has it. It was a 1964 light blue metallic, 4 speed , it had 427 or a 428. It had some sort of drag pack on it. The rear sat up a little higher. All original from what he told me, it looked like it. I fell in love with that car. This was 15-20 years ago.

Last edited:
Very nice ! That's a lot of car !
About 12yrs. ago I bought a 65 Plymouth Satellite, had it delivered on a flat bed to my house.
It was then that I realized it wouldn't fit in my garage unless I rearranged some of my work benches etc.
it was a lot of car but I really liked it.

The fox looks great, I fell off for awhile and hadn't seen it lately. Love the galaxie, but think it's even more awesome that you're getting the kids involved. Right on!!

Nice! are you sure its a c6 and not a cruise-o-matic? my 66 thunderbird with a 390 came with a c-o-m until late 66 when ford switched to c-6
The COM failed and was upgraded to the C6 in order to handle more power. I might bore/stroke the engine, a higher priority for the car is to get a Ride Tech air kit for it and upgrade to disc brakes all around. This car, like my Fox, won't be so original for long.

Also, the kids love it and have way more room in the back for weekend cruises.

IMG_2521.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users