my mechanic Swapped a 99 5.0 explorer 302 into my 94 5.0 left a much of stuff disconnected and abandoned it HELP!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Buying a tool box and hanging out a sign does not make you a mechanic. I have been working on cars since I was 12 and now I am 70 .
I have a degree in applied power train mechanics and was ASE certified for over 35 years.
I was a line mechanic in a Ford dealership for over 15 years and then worked fleet mechanics until I retired . I think I can barely call myself a mechanic ,because I am not up on the latest computer stuff as I retired in 2009.
the guy you took your car to is a hobby car fixer not a mechanic. If he charges for his time and can't fix your car . Then he is a thief. Did he charge you to install and get your car running ? If so he needs to be sued for the work he did not complete. then maybe he will take his sign down and he won;t be able to steal from other hard working people .
My rant is over. Now post some pictures of your engine compartment . Go buy a wiring diagram and start to figure out how to fix your problem.

Reactions: 1 users
Need a little more info. And maybe a pic of the engine compartment could help.
Is the engine cranking over and not starting or does it not crank good?

hey sorry for late reply. the engine tries to crank but wont turn over. sound like its back firing. The cam timing and distribr timing are off . im guessing i have to get it tdc first or do i rotate the crank shaft?? dont want to create more work

We definitely need a lot more info. Can you provide good close-up photos of the engine in various areas so we can see what's done and not done?
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0231.jpg
IMG_0234.jpg
IMG_0233.jpg

From what you say I'm gonna go with cranks but won't start.
Read through the checklist first, note the stuff specific to 94-5 stangs. Start at the top and work it step by step. Take notes.
If you get stuck on something ask it here in this thread.