My muscle car identifies as an Eco-vehicle

gtss

Apr 30, 2002
Airdrie,Alberta
MY MUSCLE CAR IDENTIFIES AS AN ECO-VEHICLE!

Statistics, based on a quick google search, indicate that the average gasoline powered vehicle produces approximately 24 tonnes of carbon dioxide during its life cycle. Depending on the information you use, anywhere from 25% to 50% is produced during the manufacturing of the vehicle. This can include every thing from mining the ore to make the metal, to the power and heat required for the factory , depending on who is calculating the CO2 contribution.
The average Canadian vehicle has a life cycle of 6.4 years, my Mustang is currently 54 years old and although I would describe it as restored, the appropriate 'green' term would be recycled. Therefore, by my calculation that is the equivalent of eliminating the need to manufacture 8.4 additional new vehicles since 1965.
Conservatively, if I assume 30% of the CO2 is a result of manufacturing, then I personally have kept 60.48 tonnes of CO2 out of the atmosphere. Just with this one vehicle.

Accordingly, I should be exempt from paying any form of carbon tax, and should be receiving tax credits.

• Sponsors (?)