My Story... My car and how I came to the Darkside (GM guy)

Well, I will start off with some history of my car...

Going through high school, I had an 88 Firebird Formula 350 (HCI) that my father and I built. I was always having fun in it and getting in trouble, all the usual stuff teenagers do. I was always looking for someone to cruise with or work on cars with.

A kid at school got a 1990 Mustang GT for his first car and would drive it to school every day. So being a V8 guy, I made friends with him. History behind the car was he bought it from his neighbor who was the original owner. He drove the car all through high school and at one point he got into a minor fender bender and insurance decided to have half the car repainted, like the driver side half. One side looked like new, and the other side was faded and pretty bad looking. So after driving it looking halfway good (literally) he decided to just get the whole thing painted.

I remember showing up to school one day and wondering who's nice Fox it was... He got it painted Dark Metallic Blue, and put some GT 500 replica's on it. It was a nice looking car. He had mentioned getting rid of it for quite a while and I always tried to buy it off him but he wouldn't bite. So I would occasionally shoot him an offer every few months.

My first experience with a Fox body was when I met my current best friend.

I was out cruising one night and a kid I knew from my Spanish class rolled up in an 89 5.0 gt 5 speed Mustang he had just bought the day prior. Well he had a race lined up with a new Nissan Titan, Loser fills the other persons tank of gas. He asked me if I wanted to go with him, so I jumped in with him and his buddy.

They line up and he ends up beating him and we roll back to the cruise spot. So we get back, and I was tired so I was going to head home, and he being pumped from winning decided to press his luck and asked me if I wanted to run. I declined but told him I usually don't turn down a stop light race.

He ended up following me home, and we catch a light together. I ended up taking him pretty bad, I shot him a wave and headed home.

So we start hanging out a lot and wrenching on cars a lot. He didn't know too much so I taught him quite a bit and got a feel for his 'stang.

My buddy had 3 mustangs at one point, and my Formula was down waiting on a part or something, so I borrowed his 89 for about 3 weeks. I really liked the way it felt for a stock car... Smooth power, 5 speed, quick car. I had fun in it for the 3 weeks I had it and honestly got a bit attached.

I wasn't really looking for a car. But I really liked my buddies Mustang, so I figured I would shoot my other buddy an offer for his Fox when I was on leave, and to my surprise... he accepted. So I went and got the car from him to drive for a few days and make sure everything was good with it. Then paid him a few days later.

• Sponsors (?)

SO I'm not really sure how you figure this is a story that took you from brand and corrupted you into another. " Luke, if you could only feel the powaah of the darkside!"

WELL, I guess it's because you own a FB.

SO, You must be currently stationed in Japan.

WELL Thank you for your service.

SO You also own a Mustang.

WELL You still haven't made your point on how you came to the "darkside" and such.

MY position is that people that turn to the darkside put the engine from their Firebird in their Mustang.

SO do you see what I'm trying to say?

These are all valid points. I wrote it at lunch during a 12 hour shift, so I am extremely tired. I plan on editing it and going into further detail. I apologize for the premature post.

I just edited it. I will probably edit it a bit more after I catch some Z's. I am sick and stuck working 12's all week. On top of that I got switched to night shift so I work 6pm-6am, so my body is in shock...