Need advice other than its a ford.my son purchased a 94 mustang gt 5.0 he was driving earlier and it dies now no fire

• Sponsors (?)

I'd like to tell you what to do next time someone tells you that but it's not what we do around here, instead I'll send you to a thread that will help you, the 94-5 stuff is highlighted because they are a little different than the fox stuff.
read it through to get an understanding and gather the necessary tools and stuff then go step by step. If you get stuck or have any questions post them here on this thread.
welcome to stangnet

Make sure the plugs are firing. I've run into this issue before. In fact my car was running rough, not on all 8 cylinders so I took them out one at a time to find if I had spark. It's here in this video.

Once you established spark then move onto fuel. Key on and make sure you hear the fuel pump. If not then you found the culprit. Check the fuses and relay's first. If the pump comes on then check the fuel injectors.

Here is the video of me checking for spark.

Go to 2:05 in the video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1vU76LLUi4&t=451s

Make sure the plugs are firing. I've run into this issue before. In fact my car was running rough, not on all 8 cylinders so I took them out one at a time to find if I had spark. It's here in this video.

Once you established spark then move onto fuel. Key on and make sure you hear the fuel pump. If not then you found the culprit. Check the fuses and relay's first. If the pump comes on then check the fuel injectors.

Easier way is to buy one of those cheap infrared thermometers and point it towards individual primaries.
If you want to go a little more Neanderthal, you can squirt a little water on the primaries. The one that doesn’t sizzle isn’t firing.

Super Rare 1st Post CT Applied.

Welcome Aboard!

Holy crap, are you a member here? :jester:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I'm a bit confused by the post title and your description.

If you mean your son's car cranks but won't start. Then that can meet a few things.
The simplest is a blown fuse. So look up where the fuel pump fuse is located and check to see if it's blown or not.
If the fuse is fine then it's three things

(Bad wire):
Follow the whole wiring system for the fuel pump and look for breaks or burnt wire.

(Bad fuel pump):
Easiest way to check this, turn the key to the on position but do not try to crank it. Listen for a little whining sound, coming from the gas cap area. This is your fuel pump priming. If you don't hear anything when you do this then you have a bad fuel pump. Or the relay that controls it is bad. See below.

(Bad ccrm): the constant control relay module. is pretty much a bunch of relays in a metal shell. It controls the low and high speed on your radiator fan as well as your fuel pump. It's a little tricky to replace it but there are videos you can watch.
And yes technically you could open up your ccrm and replace only the relay for your fuel pump. But I'd say get a new one. The other relays will go bad over time, so avoid reopening the ccrm multiple times and just replace it.

Hope this helps.