Need help troubleshooting a possible EEC startup problem

JohnW63

Jan 9, 2022
Southern California
Last week I was wiggling stuff while it was running and thought moving the MAF plug did make a change so I sprayed it pretty well with electronic contact cleaner, blew it out with compressed air and plugged and unplugged it a few times.

We don't have a canister, so I am not sure we have a purge line still in the mix.

There doesn't look to be many vacuum lines to be honest. One from the passenger valve cover to the throttle body is one I know of and I made a new hose for that.

• Sponsors(?)

Willybill32

But at least it's tight!
Jul 16, 2019
Lexington, KY
Last week I was wiggling stuff while it was running and thought moving the MAF plug did make a change so I sprayed it pretty well with electronic contact cleaner, blew it out with compressed air and plugged and unplugged it a few times.

We don't have a canister, so I am not sure we have a purge line still in the mix.

There doesn't look to be many vacuum lines to be honest. One from the passenger valve cover to the throttle body is one I know of and I made a new hose for that.
Technically, the line from the oil fill tube to the throttle body isn’t a vacuum line, but an emissions hose to route oil vapor into the intake manifold. That shouldn’t affect running behavior. I’ll attach a picture showing the vacuum lines.

Attachments

• DBED96B9-E38C-45C8-A431-512BCB241A70.jpeg
    DBED96B9-E38C-45C8-A431-512BCB241A70.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 7B00A678-2172-4083-8794-4DDC977CBF39.jpeg
    7B00A678-2172-4083-8794-4DDC977CBF39.jpeg
    774 KB · Views: 7

JohnW63

Jan 9, 2022
Southern California
Ok, got it!

I'll crawl over the back of the intake and see if I knocked anything loose tracing the wires. I should find the hoses coming out the back connected to something. I don't think I touched any of that, but strange things can happen.

JohnW63

Jan 9, 2022
Southern California
I haven't pulled the intake, but I've determined, by feel and flashlight that I only have the large line to a power brake booster and a small line to the Fuel Pressure Regulator. The large hose at the front looks in good condition and moving it as much as I can does not change the idle. Doing the same at the back where the lines come out also has no affect. I starting messing with the MAF sensor and air filter. Removing the air filter didn't change much. Then I pulled the connector to the MAF sensor and nothing really changed. I cleaned it with contact cleaner with no improvement. I cleaned the MAF with special MAF cleaner, during the earlier I then pulled the MAF connector and it didn't change that I could tell. It makes me wonder if that is at least part of the issue.