Need help wih a 94 ford

mfp4073

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2001
Hells Ditch, FL
Well sortof, its a 94 mx6 which is just a ford probe. The car is a 2.5 manual. I got a code 25- Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Solenoid or circuit. car was not wanting to idle for any reason. Also got some O2 sensor codes that I believe were due to flooding out the system which I replaced and the codes went away.

I replaced the solenoid with 2 different junkyard ones with the same result, so at this point I figure wiring.

Need info on the fuel pressure regulator solenoid. Specifically how to test it (what should the resistance be, etc). This is the one that clips onto the airbox on top of the motor, has 2 vac lines (1 to manifold 1 to fuel pressure regulator) and a 2 wire plug. Also, when and what should I test to see about signal getting to the solenoid? Does it get variable signal, is it engaged at a specific engine/vacuum speed, What is the wiring path back to the computer (what color wire and to what pin does it go to?). Any and all of this would be great if anyone has a workshop manual.

THANKS!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)