need opinions on buying a intake manifold and fuel injector *package* for my car.

yellowstang1994

Sep 9, 2004
Hi guys, let me first start off by saying I own a '94 GT 5.0. The only stuff I have done to it are mac flowpaths, O/R prochamber, cai, and aluminum driveshaft. Basically the engine is completely stock. Now, I have the oppurtunity to take a package deal from a local guy around me. For $500 this package includes an upper and lower trickflow street heat intake with elbow and 1/2 inch spacer, bbk 65mm throttlebody, c&l 73mm mass air meter, xo2 cold air kit, 24# injectors, bbk fuel pressure regulator. This sounds like a good deal in my book. But i'm kinda of afraid of putting it on, I don't know what i'd really be getting myself into with this and the inejctors. There still is a lot of stuff I also need to do to my car. And the $500 isn't too easy to come up with. What are you guys' opinion on this? Is this a good package that I NEED to jump on or i'm stupid for not doing so? I don't know how good some of these are like the Trickflow intake. If I did this whole package in my car like how much do you think it would help me. In terms of ET drop, rwhp and torque. Are there anythings I should look out for before doing all of this that is a requirement that I need? Or is it just plug and play? I need help guyyyysssss.

• Sponsors (?)

He said the C&L was recalibrated for the 24lb injectors. If I put all this on my car as it stands now, could I cause any problems. Basically, I guess I want to know how much will this improve my car? But still maintain it's driveability for my daily driver (as of now). The money, whicdh I can barely come up with next week could be used towards other stuff. My clutch isn't feeling to great right now but will last for a while longer, basically the money can be used to improve upon a lot other things on the car, and I don't know if now is the time to get into the intake and all this stuff. But it is a damn good deal where I dont' know what to do.

I'd pass on it....Sounds like you have other issues that need to be done and the cash is tight??...Thats a hefty intake for a stock set-up...you will lose some low end grunt...you'll gain up top though...you gotta run the spacer?? will the TF clear the stock hood spacered?? you'll have to tweak some stuff around, like the EGR tube for that spacer...
Its a smokin deal for sure if you had some TF heads waiting to go with it.. If you wanna add some sack to it for cheap money, then have Tmoss port your stock lower for 100.00...its a nice hit for the money..lot cheaper than 5 bills... :D All you need is a gasket set...with exhaust like you have its a nice little hit...throw some u/drives on with it, you'll like it and wont spend 250.00..

Decisions, decisions...good luck though...

Thanks a lot RIO, I got to thinking and your very right. I should hold off on it and get everything situated first. Theres a lot I haven't considered and shouldn't just jump into things. Thanks guys!