Need pictures and help with installing the clutch linkage in my 68

Dr_Pain

Apr 5, 2005
I am in the process of converting my car from automatic to manual and have no idea what the linkage should look like inside the engine bay.

Can someone send me or post some pictures of the inside the engine bay...i.e. where the pivot hangars attach, how the z bar looks once installed, springs etc.........

Any pictures, links and explainations are welcomed. I did a search on the forum and came up empty.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have a factory service manual (available from all mustang parts suppliers).
It would be very difficult to take pictures of all the parts and connections that are involved with the clutch linkage. There are too many parts in "inconvient" places, like under the car, hood and dash, to get really meaningful pictures.

I am in the process of doing bodywork in the engine bay and am elliminating all the unecessary holes and openings but I am not sure about where the brackets in the engine bay mount. From what I understand there is a pivot bracket on the frame (where??) on the block (where??) for the zbar..... stuff like that. I had not thought about the service manual but I am sure that I can locate one.