Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks NIK, yeah they're pretty "retro." I remember seeing them on a few mustangs when I was just getting into them in the late 90's. Im getting kinda excited. I will have to get some rear meats for em though. I can run the fronts.

Last edited:
Well, I threw these wheels on. I love em, I like them more than I thought I would. The rears really fill out the wheel well
B3D41637-4672-46A2-B546-4509EBE2831E.png
36E2C382-7F20-4D5D-9A06-4EE0C9BA4963.png
4835D5E2-5AA8-407E-9493-6B4B6A2A25E3.png
. I still need to polish the lips but they still shine in the sun. I think I’m going to keep em.

Reactions: 8 users
So I installed some 83-84 taillamps in my car. I’ve always wanted Cobra lamps but decided to go with these. I don’t see to many foxes with them. Kinda wanted something different then the cobras. I like how it adds a little color in the back with the orange. I’m thinking this will be the year that I’ll be able to get some significant stuff done on the car. I’ve had it just over two years and have been able to do little things. When I first bought it, the valve covers were leaking like a siv, the brakes sucked, the paint was oxidized, all the black trim moldings were faded and peeling, the pony wheels were some different shades of white with sn95 wheel caps, and it was just generally dirty. All that :poo: is corrected. I sealed up the leaking valve covers, tuned up the car, replaced all the engine sensors, “upgraded” my brakes with hawk pads and slotted rotors. I won’t be able to complete the five lug swap for a while so I did what I could. Stops well enough. I had purchased a new ford racing Z trans for my old notch back and transferred that, along with my 3.73 rebuilt rear end into this car before I sold the notch, didn’t want to sell it but had some of the common cancer that these cars get and didn’t want to mess with it. My notch had 190000 on it. I had came across this car. My friends dad had it, just sitting in the garage. It had 109 original miles and was pretty much all original when I bought it. The whole car is rust free. Local NM car. Just needed some TLC. It’s come a long way, since I bought it, but this year I plan on replacing all my original suspension with upgraded new stuff. Hopefully Maximum Motorsport parts. I need to replace my steering rack, which I have. I bought that from my buddy who had it in his 89 before he went to manual. The rag joint set screw is stripped in the rack so I need to get that out. But, I think 2019 is the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users