Need tips on taking night photos

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Tempe, Arizona
Hey guys, tried to take some night shots of my other car, and just couldn't seem to get the pics not to come out fuzzy. Have any tips for me? I'm not sure how to gt them to come out clear. The camera is a olympus stylus 410 digital. Here is about one of the only pics I could get to come out, but you can see how the stop sign in the background is all distorted. BTW the camera was mounted on a tri-pod. Thanks for the help.
96141.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

It's the car, If you dont stop taking pictures of cars that scream "IM BATTING FOR THE PINK TEAM" there gonna come out like that....... lol

OK here's what you wanna do, It looks like your zooming in on the car, try not to zoom in too much, just move closer. Also the lighting is right behind the car thats going to throw off the exposures, keep the lights either off to the side or behind you, or you could also use a time delayed flash, it should flase a split second before the camera takes the shot, this way it dosnt distort the light, or make it too bright. Hope this helps.

Nik_95Cobra said:
I think my other camera is pretty good, it was close to $1000, but it kept breaking and frys electronics would never fix it right, so I bought this other one which seems pretty good too.
You paid $999.00 too much for that camera..........to me it looked like a VW in that pic......and I "know" you can't fit in that car....LOL:rlaugh:

Pic didn't look bad to me BTW...

drakesdad said:
You paid $999.00 too much for that camera..........to me it looked like a VW in that pic......and I "know" you can't fit in that car....LOL:rlaugh:

Pic didn't look bad to me BTW...

:rlaugh: Yeah have to lower the seat frame on my recaros lol. And White94cobra...pink team or not our other one ran 11.02 @128 about 12-13 years ago before all the front wheel drive goodies came out :p Sounds good though, I'll try again doing what you suggested.

The flash delays like 4 seconds, should I see if I can get it to delay longer? Thanks for the tips fellas. :nice:

newwheelnik.jpg

Nick.....You better take all the seats out and mount that racing seat in the center of the "BACK" seat area so you can have some room for those guns....
:D
Did you just get this one or have you had it for some time?

drakesdad said:
Nick.....You better take all the seats out and mount that racing seat in the center of the "BACK" seat area so you can have some room for those guns....
:D
Did you just get this one or have you had it for some time?

LOL...I've had it for about a year. Was a beater when I got it but rebuilt it from the ground up for a daily driver so that the cobra can stay nice and clean in the garage. A 1900 pound car makes for a lot of fun. Here's a little build vid of it I made, in the last shot you can kinda ee how crammed in it I am lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmRrM_hQdFI

Too bad you couldnt make a chop top out of that, I couldn't imagin how small that would make it, but to me the only thing I dont like about those cars was the high roof. Could you imagine what that would look like with about 4 to 6 inches less roof lift!!!! I think they would look sick. That was a good amount of work you did to that little thing, in light of that alone, you no longer batting for the pink team.... lol

very cool car man! as for the pics, it helps tp use the timer on the camera instead of pressing the button because it eliminates camera shake...as far as your concerned, you could leave shutter open for 5 minutes, and as long as the camera stays perfectly still, it will come out great:nice: good luck bud

WHITE94COBRA said:
Too bad you couldnt make a chop top out of that, I couldn't imagin how small that would make it, but to me the only thing I dont like about those cars was the high roof. Could you imagine what that would look like with about 4 to 6 inches less roof lift!!!! I think they would look sick. That was a good amount of work you did to that little thing, in light of that alone, you no longer batting for the pink team.... lol

LOL althrough extremely ratty and low budget this guy chopped his 3 1/2" and raked the windsheild 2 1/2" :bang:
96265.jpg

Back in the day, I pined for a GTI myself. They're a blast! I'm about the same rough dimensions as Nik and fit alright. :nice:
And with decent seats, I wasnt falling all over the place (like I do in the stangs). :nonono: