need to sell the wheels/tires on my car, advice as to where???

velardern

Apr 5, 2006
if ya look at my pics, i'm looking to get rid of the wheels on my car and replace with crager's. any advice as to where to sell them? if i put them on ebay, how much do you think shipping would cost?? i'm not even sure what company made them, so i have no idea what price to list them at.
thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

For shipping cost on eBay you can set up your auction such that the buyers can calculate their own shipping cost by entering in their zip code. All you need to do is calculate the shipping weight up front when you create the auction. Another option is to state "local pick-up only" in your auction but that will obviously reduce your potential market.

You should also consider listing them in the classifieds section of this website. If you do list them on eBay as well as sites such as this one be sure and note as such in your eBay description...for example "since these wheels are listed for sale locally as well as other web sites I reserve the right to end this auction at any time".

And if you do not want to get bombarded with a gazillion emails be sure and list both the backspacing and offset since most people are not able to convert one to the other.

Good Luck!

thanks a bunch ya'll!! and Larry, thank you for finding them for me. any chance they cannot be marodder's? soley asking because i don't want to advertise them as something they're not and crap, how do i find out the offset and backspacing???

I'd look at Reen's pics closely as well as Summit's pics. I don't have a great shot of your wheels, but you have them there up close.

There's always a chance, but I'm 99% sure that's what you have. Did you try asking the previous owner?

You might also ask Reen to verify as he has a set in his shop. Like I said, pull a wheel and check for any text or markings on the back side. You could send these pics to Reen for him to verify as he has a set. He might even be interested in buying them.

eh crap, the guy that my husband bought the car from didn't even know how much horsepower the friggin' car has!!!! believe me when i say he was not the most intelligent. let me just give you an idea....the only paperwork he had on the car was an appraisal report done 5 years ago from the previous owner....
car's at the mustang corral right now getting an air bubble bled out and a new steering wheel. I'll ask the owner if he can pop a wheel off for me tomorrow and i'll take the camera with me.
to figure out the horsepower, i need to have it dynoed right?

I sold my wheels and tires (Torq Thrust D's) on ebay and listed them as local pickup only. That way I didn't have to think about shipping costs. But if you have to figure out shipping take one to The UPS store and have them tell you what shipping will be?

This solution may not work as well for you because of the cost of your wheels but if they don't sell Ebay doesn't charge you for the listing.

Good Luck!!