Needing suggestions for a New Clutch.... FRPP/Sachs/Zoom/Hays/Ram/Centerforce???

Ive got a 1990 GT with a freshly rebuilt T5 behind a 306 with H/C/I and Holley 750. Car runs a 275 back tire and 4.10 gears. Mostly all hard street driving, never seen the track but car is 100% track ready. The car is currently NA but may see a blower in the future. The most recent clutch setup i had was with the stock flywheel and a Ford Racing King Cobra clutch kit. I really enjoyed the grip and smoothness and pedal feel. I am going to replace the flywheel cause mine is toast. I have looked into the different brands and costs, and I am not wanting to spend the 2 arms and 3 legs for the aluminum flywheel. I called my local Carquest and they list a Heavy Duty Sachs brand clutch kit for $150 and a new Sachs flywheel for $66.... Has anyone ever used theyre stuff ????? They mostly make stuff for German and Euro cars, we have used theyre OE replacement stuff at our shop and have never had one come back. Im just concerned about the horsepower holding capability..... I was also looking into the baseline Centerforce, another FRPP, Ram clutch kit for $179, or maybe even a Zoom kevlar clutch from Advance Auto for $180..... Please feel free to share all thoughts and opinions..... My goal is to not spend a lot of money but at the same time get something that is going to work well and not come apart and destroy everything..

• Sponsors (?)

Sometimes you get what you pay for. I love my Spec stage 2 with a ram aluminum flywheel. The pedal effort is not far from stock and it has taken everything I have thrown at it for the last several years and it is a track car so it gets abused. I know this is probably more than you want to spend so I would go for more Ford Racing stuff if you cant go higher end. That 306 and future blower are worth nothing if you cant transfer the power to the ground. Tom.

Sometimes you get what you pay for. I love my Spec stage 2 with a ram aluminum flywheel. The pedal effort is not far from stock and it has taken everything I have thrown at it for the last several years and it is a track car so it gets abused. I know this is probably more than you want to spend so I would go for more Ford Racing stuff if you cant go higher end. That 306 and future blower are worth nothing if you cant transfer the power to the ground. Tom.

Very true and I do agree, however I do also believe that going to a Spec may be going a little overboard at the moment considering I have only a T5 and this car is a street terror that will likely never see the track. I would love excellent clamping power but at the same time I dont want chatter, Ive had it on other cars and that **** sucks driving in stop and go traffic in town, with no AC in the North Carolina summers.....

Very true and I do agree, however I do also believe that going to a Spec may be going a little overboard at the moment considering I have only a T5 and this car is a street terror that will likely never see the track. I would love excellent clamping power but at the same time I dont want chatter, Ive had it on other cars and that **** sucks driving in stop and go traffic in town, with no AC in the North Carolina summers.....

The super king cobra is made for the stock t-5, thats why i run it. Only way i could get power to the ground through 400 horsepower.

The super king cobra is made for the stock t-5, thats why i run it. Only way i could get power to the ground through 400 horsepower.

I have liked both of the past two King Cobras i have run, but never heard of a "Super King Cobra", where would I be able to purchase one? Or where did you buy yours from? ... Hey have any of you guys heard of these guys before.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-S...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5191666dc0 .... Some company called F1, looks like some good stuff for the money, and theyve got good reviews... Oh and by the way, Talked to a friend of mine today and he said he had a pressure plate fail on a Zoom HP clutch on his 347.. It killed the trans, bellhousing, firewall and cracked the block... So will be scratchin that one off the list.