• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

New And Excited!

  • Thread starter Thread starter GLOCKer
  • Start date Start date Apr 17, 2014
G

GLOCKer

Member
Apr 17, 2014
13
4
24
Apr 17, 2014
#1
  • Apr 17, 2014
  • #1
First off, let me say Happy Anniversary to the Mustang and the owners!

I am pretty damn excited because as of tomorrow, I will realize a dream that I've had for a VERY long time. I will be flying out of state to pay for and pick up my very first Mustang!

I've been hooked on Mustangs since 1995 when I was 15, when my parents bought a brand new V6 coupe. I was very fortunate to be able to take my driver's license test in that car, but it didn't stay around for long, as my mom felt like it was under powered compared to the 1991 Camaro RS V8 they traded for the it. In 1998, they traded the V6 in for a new GT with 5-speed. I learned how to drive a stick specifically to be able to drive that car. I also did my very first ever burn out in that car, but by accident. My parent's last car before moving overseas was a new 2001 GT with an automatic. To this day, they still own and drive Ford vehicles.

So tomorrow morning, I'll be getting on a plane and flying out to Baltimore to buy my black 2014 Mustang GT with 6-speed manual. I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and I hope to pick up some good information and tips from you guys here on this forum.

Wish me luck!
 
G

GLOCKer

Member
Apr 17, 2014
13
4
24
Apr 17, 2014
#2
  • Apr 17, 2014
  • #2
Oh yeah, quick question:
When I test drove a GT Premium 6-speed last weekend, my arm kept opening the back of the center console. Is there a fix for this?
 

SpartaPerformance

10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
2,517
61
89
Long Island NY
Apr 17, 2014
#3
  • Apr 17, 2014
  • #3
Don't lean on the console.
 
G

GLOCKer

Member
Apr 17, 2014
13
4
24
Apr 18, 2014
#4
  • Apr 18, 2014
  • #4
so that console can be locked so that it doesn't keep popping open?
 
G

GLOCKer

Member
Apr 17, 2014
13
4
24
Apr 18, 2014
#5
  • Apr 18, 2014
  • #5
Holy [explative] (x 3), I own a Mustang!!!
 
Reactions: ximportdriver
G

GLOCKer

Member
Apr 17, 2014
13
4
24
Apr 18, 2014
#6
  • Apr 18, 2014
  • #6
 

Roanstang

Active Member
Feb 22, 2013
105
10
29
Coastal Texas
Apr 22, 2014
#7
  • Apr 22, 2014
  • #7
Yep, that's a pony car! Nice.
 

k1DBLITZ

Previously known as gotven0m
Founding Member
Nov 29, 2000
899
6
39
Tulsa, OK
Apr 23, 2014
#8
  • Apr 23, 2014
  • #8
Congrats! If you're like the rest of us... You'll look forward to driving into work in the morning... and you can't wait to drive back home!
 
G

GLOCKer

Member
Apr 17, 2014
13
4
24
Apr 24, 2014
#9
  • Apr 24, 2014
  • #9
gotven0m said:
Congrats! If you're like the rest of us... You'll look forward to driving into work in the morning... and you can't wait to drive back home!
Click to expand...
That is exactly how I feel about it!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
What's it Worth? 76 Cobra 2
  • dulcimerbob
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
13
Views
337
What is it Worth?!?!? Sep 12, 2026
dulcimerbob
D
Cyber Truck tried to race me!
  • MKatzenbach
  • Sep 5, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
14
Views
386
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Sep 8, 2026
gkomo
C
New member from NJ
  • Calyp5.0
  • Sep 25, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
1
Views
70
The Welcome Wagon Sep 25, 2026
General karthief
2nd Fox Body
  • N8827N
  • Jul 17, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
4
Views
140
The Welcome Wagon Jul 18, 2026
91AOD5.0LX
Glad to be here
  • josep4
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
166
The Welcome Wagon Aug 18, 2026
DadLife0724
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?