New fan of Mustang II king Cobra in France

Hi all,
It's been a while I'm thinking to have my old american V8, with its lovely sound.
At the beginning my mind and eyes were only for the mustang 67-68 fastback model. But when I see how inccreased the price it become a dream...
Then, since few weeks I start again my search, and found in switzerland a nice 75 mustang II Mach1, but in France we had a lock-out period, and a bit hard for me to justify going in switzerland.
I have to wait until beginning of nextyear, hopping it won't be sold.
During my search I saw a lot of different mustang, but the graal would be a 1978 king cobra 302 manual trans with T-top.

Maybe I'll find here or good advice about my search.

See you soon!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi all,
It's been a while I'm thinking to have my old american V8, with its lovely sound.
At the beginning my mind and eyes were only for the mustang 67-68 fastback model. But when I see how inccreased the price it become a dream...
Then, since few weeks I start again my search, and found in switzerland a nice 75 mustang II Mach1, but in France we had a lock-out period, and a bit hard for me to justify going in switzerland.
I have to wait until beginning of nextyear, hopping it won't be sold.
During my search I saw a lot of different mustang, but the graal would be a 1978 king cobra 302 manual trans with T-top.

Maybe I'll find here or good advice about my search.

See you soon!
Best of luck finding a King! They aren't plentiful since there were only a little more than 5000 produced. It's not impossible though since they're not as desired as a 67-68 fastback, but hard to find nonetheless. And since you're in France, it might be even harder! But I'm sure you'll find a good II somewhere, just have to keep your eyes open. We share ads in the II section that we run across, keeping an eye there might help you. But most of us who post in that thread are here in the US or Canada. We do have a German member, he may be able to help you find something over there - post up in the II section and reach out - and welcome to Stangnet!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you guys!

US or Canada is not that much a problem, we have a lot of company that import vehicules from US or everywhere else. And with the parity Euro VS Dollar, it's sometimes more interseting to import, even if you have to pay extra for the transport, fees and tax, than looking for one in France. Classic car market is going crazy here.
The only thing is that you have to trust the seller, or having someone that check your car before buying it. There are so many stories I've heard about people importing car from US, you would't imagine how far it can go.
But that's why I'm here, I've found your Forum, and it seems to be a gold mine for those who are looking for something special. I'll check ads and parts for my future pony :)
Just to show you what I'd like, some pics down here, and the one i'll see in couple of weeks in switzerland
This link for one which is so gorgeous...
1978_ford_mustang_1601652045853def9bcf3f8e1E995762C-DA17-4E85-8B37-5B6B12F035E0.jpeg
cobra-ii-1978-ford-mustang-ii-cobra-coupe-302ci-v8-400hp-5-speed-manual-restored-2.jpg
20201008_145046.jpg
20201008_145059.jpg
20201008_145118.jpg
20201008_154719.jpg
20201008_154733.jpg

Last edited: