• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-

New Grill

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cobain03
  • Start date Start date Oct 2, 2006

Cobain03

Active Member
Aug 27, 2003
996
0
36
Lexington, Ky
Oct 2, 2006
#1
  • Oct 2, 2006
  • #1
Before:



After:






whatcha think? i love it. before, it seemed really cluttered. and those fog lights... seemed cool at the time lol
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2293.webp
    108.7 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF2319.webp
    97.9 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF3895.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF3893.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF3892.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 134

Henceforward

The Avatar Master
Founding Member
Jul 17, 2001
485
0
0
Oct 2, 2006
#2
  • Oct 2, 2006
  • #2
Thank god.
 

65fastback2+2

New Member
Aug 4, 2003
1,229
0
0
Louisville, KY
Oct 2, 2006
#3
  • Oct 2, 2006
  • #3
im completely glad those fog lights are gone...those were horendous....why didnt i smack you for them sooner?
 

BDT 1967

Member
Jan 31, 2006
91
0
6
Wichita KS
Oct 2, 2006
#4
  • Oct 2, 2006
  • #4
Yea, looks right now.
 

Henceforward

The Avatar Master
Founding Member
Jul 17, 2001
485
0
0
Oct 2, 2006
#5
  • Oct 2, 2006
  • #5
Remove the circa 80s front license plate and you will be set.
 

Penguin

Active Member
Oct 23, 2003
115
1
28
SC
Oct 3, 2006
#6
  • Oct 3, 2006
  • #6
Henceforward said:
Remove the circa 80s front license plate and you will be set.
Click to expand...
+1

The grille change cleaned it up nicely though.
 

StangDreamin'

Founding Member
Aug 10, 2002
583
0
16
2nd Ocotillo bush east of the Colorado River; Sout
Oct 3, 2006
#7
  • Oct 3, 2006
  • #7
Where's the grille?

I keep looking at those pictures, but I don't see a grille anywhere - only your car And I was kinda looking forward to seeing your new grille. Mrs StDr got me a new one for my birthday last year, and it's a nice one! Stainless steel, four main burners and one side burner for the bean pot, catalytic heater in the back for roasting corn or cooking garlic bread....

Sorry, I couldn't resist I have the day off (because I'm working Saturday), but my warped sense of humor seems to be putting in a little overtime. But put me down for +1 on the new grill - especially with the fog lights gone.
 

BDT 1967

Member
Jan 31, 2006
91
0
6
Wichita KS
Oct 3, 2006
#8
  • Oct 3, 2006
  • #8
Yea i could totally go for a nice steak right now, with some baked beans tader salad and a nice ear of corn. Mmmm what you do is wrap that corn in bacon then you put a little butter salt pepper and then wrap the entire thing in tin foil, throw it on the grille and let her cook, when you take it out, its the best corn of your life. But for it to be real good you have to have this Kansas grown sweet corn that you steal out of your neighbors field.

Sorry off subject,
 

stangkid88

New Member
Nov 11, 2005
112
0
0
Seattle area
Oct 3, 2006
#9
  • Oct 3, 2006
  • #9
Booyah! Now it looks like mine. :SNSign:
 

BDT 1967

Member
Jan 31, 2006
91
0
6
Wichita KS
Oct 3, 2006
#10
  • Oct 3, 2006
  • #10
You could also make some taders with red onions, put that on the grill it will change your life
 

StangDreamin'

Founding Member
Aug 10, 2002
583
0
16
2nd Ocotillo bush east of the Colorado River; Sout
Oct 4, 2006
#11
  • Oct 4, 2006
  • #11
Never did the bacon-wrapped corn; I'll have to try that some time. But you've got me on the 3/4"-1" thick sirloin and some redskin taters and at least half a big purple (red) onion.

If you didn't know, my ancestry is Northern Irish. My "then-new" wife (back in 80-something) took to heart my telling her that corned beef must be a regular part of my menu. I was thinking like maybe every 6-8 weeks (I love the taste, but can't stand the slimy texture of boiled corned beef), but she thought something more like weekly! So one day, I get off work, pick up the kids at the sitter's (wife worked nights back then) and found a corned-beef brisket in the fridge and the big pot on the stove; and I'm thinking " " Nothing else worth cooking in the freezer; so I get this wild idea Threw about 7 lbs of Kingsford in the ol' Weber kettle and barbecued that sucker. Ohhhhh, Baby! Seriously good stuff, Maynard
Later, a friend of mine shared one of his favorite recipes. You take a head of cabbage, core it, quarter it and lay it on two layers of aloooominum foil. Chop up 1/2 clove of garlic, sprinkle it in the cuts along with about 1/4 cup of little chunks of real butter. Salt to taste, wrap it up in the foil, and throw it over a low fire (200* or so) for about 15 minutes. More
Now if I could just figure out a way to cook the mashed potatoes on the BBQ......

Having successfully completed this thread-jack, I'll now attempt the somewhat risky "re-rail".....

Hey Cobain, two questions: What is that, the '66 GT grille? And, while I love the shot of a Thoroughbred Stang in the stable alley; did that red horse poking his head out in the background have "issues" with your driving down there? Even Cowgirl Tink's old TB has few problems with noisy vehicles driving past that close to his stall. But, considering your location and the stable design, I'm guessing that there are young full-out racehorses living in that picture - no excitement?
 

1320stang

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
4,329
23
89
Edmond, Oklahoma
Oct 4, 2006
#12
  • Oct 4, 2006
  • #12
Take a Vedalia onion or two, put them in foil with some butter and put them on the grille, lower heat for a longer time..... mmmm like candy, well, butter flavored candy, lol!!!
 

65fastback2+2

New Member
Aug 4, 2003
1,229
0
0
Louisville, KY
Oct 4, 2006
#13
  • Oct 4, 2006
  • #13
StangDreamin' said:
I keep looking at those pictures, but I don't see a grille anywhere - only your car And I was kinda looking forward to seeing your new grille. Mrs StDr got me a new one for my birthday last year, and it's a nice one! Stainless steel, four main burners and one side burner for the bean pot, catalytic heater in the back for roasting corn or cooking garlic bread....

Sorry, I couldn't resist I have the day off (because I'm working Saturday), but my warped sense of humor seems to be putting in a little overtime. But put me down for +1 on the new grill - especially with the fog lights gone.
Click to expand...

when i first started reading this, i coulda swore you were gonna talk about

View attachment 435890
 

StangDreamin'

Founding Member
Aug 10, 2002
583
0
16
2nd Ocotillo bush east of the Colorado River; Sout
Oct 5, 2006
#14
  • Oct 5, 2006
  • #14
I think I dated her in high school I definitey stayed on my side of Pop's LTD when I took her to the drive-in!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
99
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
D
66 Coupe Progress Thread
  • DTCRAWLEY
  • Apr 19, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 17, 2026
DTCRAWLEY
D
M
Electrical 93 5.0 No Injector Pulse
  • machinermac
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
376
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 1, 2026
Willybill32
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
476
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Today at 4:40 PM
manicmechanic007
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
181
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?