New guy, bout to get teenage dream: Triple Black GT (prem) 'vert ('05). What should I get first?

Nigel_A

Jul 5, 2019
Memphis

I'm so psyched. Drove an '06 GT and hated the lag/gearing so I know the tune and 4.10's have to happen, yesterday!

Ride height needs springs as it's high, more urban assault looking that I'd prefer. It's got new TSW Ascent 19x8.5's and new Michelin Pilots.

So, 4.10 gears, SCT tuner/cold air intake, pulleys, control arms, 5th gen tail lights and a chin spoiler, what else?

Attachments

• 1562377639301.png
    1562377639301.png
    949.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice car ....the 4:10's are really worth it ....the rpm's will be a little bit higher (2k on the highway) ...but it throws you in your seat when you take off ...I would say Bullit CAI ....long tube headers and 'hot-rod' cams ....40 flows for mufflers

Might do the tune before the gears. A lot of the "lag" is the factory throttle input and a tune will get rid of that, you might find you don't really need them. Looks like it already has an aftermarket axle back on it. I wouldn't do cams until you have headers on it personally.

Yeah, it's got new mufflers, new headlights, new brakes/rotors, new plugs and ignition coils, front shocks/tie rod ends, battery, transmission filter/liquid, alternator, fuel filter, only 5K on the Michelin Pilots too. Sweet deal. Prolly need to flash it for the bigger 19" rims alone.

What's the best cold air intake, headers and tuner computer to get? That's a real first priority, along with a Poineer head unit and springs.