New here and new to 98 GT. Hood Scoop dilema

jtorral

Apr 16, 2008
New here and new to 2008 GT. Hood Scoop dilema

New to the forum. It looks like a great and I plan on hanging out quite a bit. Now to my dilema

Last night I picked up a new black GT convertible. Really love the car but hate the hood scoop. The dealer had no vehicles without the scoop and I had no choice att he time but to get my car with the hood scoop. So, I really want to get rid of it the coop but there are holes there. Are there any easy ways of hiding those holes or even better, anyone in oregon want to trade hoods? :)

JT

• Sponsors (?)

Do you hate it based on looks, or because it is non-functional?

When they first came out with the scoops on 05+ Mustangs it took me a while to get used to them. Now, I see them and immediately know it's a GT and not a V6..

Maybe leave it on and see if it grows on you..? :)

I'm not a fan of the hood scoops either. The only exception to that has been this one White Shelby GT with Silver scoop, side scoops, and window scoops etc. Now that one looked sweet and had light contrast.

I didn't think I would like the scoops either. I had a 2005 with no scoop and thought it looked best that way. Now I have a 2007 with the GT appearance package and think the hood scoop looks great. It gives it a more aggressive look in my opinion. Try it or awhile. You might grow to love it.

The plain hood is a bit plain, heh, but a non-functional hood scoop just doesn't appeal to me. A heat extracting hood or cowl hood would be my choice, though until I have money to blow on appearance mods I'll keep my plain hood.
Dan

I just dont like the look of it. One thing I have always loved is vehicles with long hoods like the Jag XKE. The new Mustang has a lovely sleek looking hood. I think the scoop breaks the flow of that sleek line. I rather have the sleek look than the mean look on the hood. Besides that, I love the cars!!!