New member in Arizona

Hello everyone. Just a little backround on myself. My name is Mike, and I'm a 23 year old gearhead from Boston, MA, living in Queen Creek, AZ. My other hobbies besides cars include video games, reading, and learning whatever I can, wherever I can. Mindlessness to even out the mindfulness! My wonderful girlfriend Nicole helps me with all of my car hobbies, she encourages me to spend time in the garage, and gets cross when I don't include her. We have pretty much rebuilt a BMW engine together. She's only learning, but wants to know as much as me! Yeah, she's a keeper.

Now, the car, then- I recently got my first Mustang, and truth be told, my first Domestic car. I have always been in the European car scene(I've owned 12 cars since turning 16), more specifically classic BMWs, but recently came across something truly special. A family friend had a red 1992 LX Convertible in her garage for a few years that her late husband owned but never drove. It was sitting under a tarp (yet it still managed to get filthy...hmm) until I noticed it last week and inquired. We worked out a deal and I got it for a stupidly low price. I promise to bring this car back to life very, very soon. Here are some photographs of it.

Here it is the day I brought it home, dust and all-

l1Dya.jpg

Now after a couple hours of cleaning and nit-picking-

VNXvS.jpg

Another angle-

O4Hha.jpg

Rear-end (don't mind the garage, it's not a mess anymore, we were in process of moving in)-

jA1PS.jpg

And the interior, it really is that clean. It's flawless in here-

S1eX7.jpg

Hmm... Future plans for the car. I only have getting her to "Stage Zero" first. Full tune up incoming, as well as new rubber for the wheels, they are pretty dry. I need a good cleaner for the top and I want to detail under the hood. Other than that, it's front end is good, no wobble, everything feels tight, even the shifter... It really doesn't need much. Mods list is short for now, some quiet but throaty headers/exhaust and some 93 Cobra wheels would be the cherry on top for me, but I will see what I can dig up on this site, maybe those mods will change, you never know.

So I guess that's it for now. I just wanted to stop in here and say "Hi!" and introduce my car to the forum. If anyone has any questions please leave me a comment below!

Thank you for reading!

Mike

• Sponsors (?)