New Member To Stangnet

rgrimm13

Nov 1, 2013
Yulee, FL
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Forum, but not to Mustangs. I own a 2002 Mustang GT Convertible I purchased new when I was living Pennsylvania (I currently live in NE Florida). My 02 GT currently has about 23,000 miles on it. My wife drives a 2014 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible.

How I got here:

A few years ago I saw a TV Special on the 2009 Mustangs Across America (MAA) run for the Mustang's 45th 'birthday' and told my wife I'd like to do that trip in 2014 for the Mustang's 50th. About 3 months ago I registered for the 2014 Mustangs Across America (MAA) run with the intent of driving my 2002 GT. My registration for the MAA got me involved with the Mustang Club of America (MCA) and my local Mustang Club. Thru my MCA membership I learned about MCA Grand National show to be held at Disney World over Labor Day weekend. Up to this point my 02 Mustang was just used as a 'Fun' Sunday Drive car, but since I'm only 3 hours from Disney World and now involved more as a Mustang owner thru the National and Local Clubs I decided to register for the Grand National Show. To my surprise my 02 GT took a First Place in its class (Occasionally Driven 02-04 - ODI class). With that I decided I would like to continue to show my 02 for a while, but that sort of created a problem with driving it on the April 2014 MAA run since I have to drive from Florida to Los Angles and then back to Charlotte for the 50th Birthday party and then back home to Florida. So my solution to my problem was convincing my wife that she needed her own Mustang. She agreed as long as it was a convertible. So that is how and why we ended up with a second Mustang and what has brought me to this Forum and my new membership here.

I look forward to meeting some new Mustang owners and hopefully finding answers to some questions I have relative to our 2014 Mustang.

So that is my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Russ and Arlene
Yulee, FL
(formally from eastern PA)

• Sponsors (?)

That's a lot for story. LOL

Usually, what we get is:

*grunt* Me Bob. See Bob Stang Pic. Me Bob from (insert favorite town here), vs the full on intro. LOL

Perhaps you're related to @D Durden :D

Welcome aboard! :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
@madspeed - Yes, part of it is an age thing, I will turn 65 right in the middle of the MAA trip next year - so that trip will mark a birthday milestone for me as well as the Mustangs 50th. And while I have been in FL since I retired in 2006, my roots are back in PA - the Lehigh Valley Area (Easton and Bethlehem) we still have some family and friends back there. In fact we were back therein the beginning of October for my Wife's HS reunion and visit Family and Friends.

@Noobz347 - I have been 'hosting' a brand specific (Open Range RV) RV Forum since 2011 (I use to have a 5th Wheel camper but sold it) and we have an intro area on the Forum and yes you are correct, for those new members who do post an intro, they are usually brief and we (me when I was active on the Forum and other moderators) would have to post questions to the new members to get them to open up and share more info. So when I have joined other Forums of interest to me I usually attempted to say a bit more than Hi I'm Bob, I'm New :(
At this point since I sold my 5th Wheel camper and F250, I am less active on the front side of the Forum I host with posting and now spend most on my time on the back side (admin side) keeping the Spammers at bay - almost a full time job even though I block TRILLIONS of IP addresses (most IP Class A ranges that are non-USA or Canada).

So yes, age and background would probably explain the difference ;)

- Russ

..... and an intro really needs to include a few photos ...

2002 Mustang GT Convertible (his)
stangnet(159).JPG

2014 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible (her's)
stangnet(14).JPG

And for this interested (like photos), here is a link to more photos of the our 2014 Mustang and a number of photos taken of my 2002 GT prepping it for the Grand National Show and photos taken at the Grand National Show at Disney "Mustangs at the Mickyard" over last Labor Day weekend (2013).
http://www.rgrimm.com/pic/mustang/

Last edited: