Forced Induction New to me fox that was really sweet 30 years ago and needs ALL THE LOVE! T56 Paxton sat 10+ years! Possibly 70k original miles!

Ford Moore

Jul 29, 2009

View: https://youtu.be/52BLpGNxMxA

Trying to identify the blower first! Either get a rebuild kit or send it off. Runs and drives pretty good. If the dip stick is the correct length it's at least 2 quarts over full . Not milky. Tomorrow is engine flush after draining 2 quarts and changing the filter first. Then change the filter again and the oil. Then plugs once I figure out the right plugs. If I can use NGK 6510s that would be awesome because I have like 40 of them. I read something about blower atf? I'm guessing this one is not SL and oil feed from the pump that I said gives boost juice? Probably riddled with vacuum leaks boost gauge stayed at 0. Didn't floor it for obvious reasons but half throttle in 2nd I'd expect it to move a little bit. Shifts smooth and did I mention T56? Any advice about this older stuff would be appreciated!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks like sn 89 or 92 it's all about fluid cooling and that explains the tilton pump that was never installed. I'm guessing since it's a 90 it was swapped to speed density. Leaning towards removing it and going na until I find a better boost solution. Not trying to set the world on fire 300 350 hp without worrying about intake temps and old electronics preferred.

Dipsticks aren't really that reliable man.. I would drain it completely, fill with 5qrt of new stuff and then scratch a mark into the dipstick where that 5qrt mark is and your good.

That does look like a sn93 to me although it's been forever since i've touched one. They are highly inefficient and probably not what you want to deal with. If it were me, I would remove it all and put the few hundred you get for it towards something else. You can still get rebuild kits for them, I believe they are close to $600 and if you called Paxton/Vortech they wouldn't rebuild it but would most likely offer you a credit towards a new blower setup.

Reactions: 1 user
Ran a engine flush. Changed oil. Dip stick is accurate. Runs better. Air filter is a bitch to get to and probably nasty AF. Got some sp 502 x plugs. A buddy runs a mustang shop and wants to trade body parts for the blower kit. I'm going to ask him about dropping it off and being converted back to MAF and getting the body parts installed. He can keep the blower kit and bbk valve covers.

My boy is getting down to business. He managed to get the air filter out without moving the blower. It was straight up clogged. Bonus we found the MAF sensor hidden in the housing. Cleaning the filter now and then hitting the MAF sensor with MAF sensor cleaner.

Oldest k&n filter ever posted!

Attachments

• PXL_20230218_082215092.jpg
    PXL_20230218_082215092.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 51
Swap my T5 into that, do the minimum to clean it up and make it road worthy. Then, sell it and buy a better car to put that T56 in.

If you end up with everything needed to for a fox T56 swap, you're $3-4k ahead. So, you only need to get $3-4k out of the sale + expenditures to break even. I think you will do much better.