• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

new to site have questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter jchrizz
  • Start date Start date Jan 28, 2013

jchrizz

New Member
Jan 28, 2013
3
0
1
Jan 28, 2013
#1
  • Jan 28, 2013
  • #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site but not new to owning mustangs. I recently purchased a '00 gt 5 speed, but it has a problem. According to a local ford dealership they say my cars computer went out and i need to purchase and install a new one . They wanted $1300 dollars for the repair so I took the car home instead hoping I can fix it myself. Well down to the questions, first I was wondering if anyone has had to replace the computer in their car and how was it done. If someone has a link to a how-to or link to a thread about this and can send it to me I would appreciate. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew the cost of this repair if I tackle it myself. Also, I am not so electrical work saavy esp. when it comes to vehicles so I was wondering how hard it is to replace, am I better of paying ford to repair it? Any help is appreciated
 

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,913
1,332
204
a van down by the river
Feb 4, 2013
#2
  • Feb 4, 2013
  • #2
welcome aboard. a quick search and youll find all you need
 

jchrizz

New Member
Jan 28, 2013
3
0
1
Feb 5, 2013
#3
  • Feb 5, 2013
  • #3
Thank u for responding i was just having a hard time on finding full instructions on how to or a vid on the install when I posted this but after some research I was able to find the what I needed.
 

madspeed

Colonel Mustard
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
8,913
1,332
204
a van down by the river
Feb 5, 2013
#4
  • Feb 5, 2013
  • #4
veey good, its an easy thing to do
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
177
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
Looking forward to collaborating with my new community
  • phil2001svt
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
10
Views
192
The Welcome Wagon Sunday at 7:56 PM
DadLife0724
D
Running both lean and rich with O2 heat codes
  • Danceswithfire5
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
131
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Sep 5, 2026
apple99Mustangdude
A
S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
146
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
G
New, 2005 Red V6 Convertible
  • Ginger2005
  • Jan 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
457
The Welcome Wagon Jan 4, 2026
2Blue2
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?