• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

New to the forum - new to mustangs

  • Thread starter Thread starter NitrusReigns
  • Start date Start date Dec 13, 2021

NitrusReigns

Member
Dec 13, 2021
6
1
13
Beer City, USA
Dec 13, 2021
#1
  • Dec 13, 2021
  • #1
Hey all - I'm new to the forum for the same reason I imagine a lot of people come...I need help. I'll post about that elsewhere, but thought I'd at least introduce myself as well.

I'm new to mustangs, relatively mechanically adept with quite a few other projects under my belt. Married with a few little girls and love outdoor activities. A while back, I bought a 1991 Mustang GT Convertible for my wife and now I need help with it (because of stuff I did to it, probably...).

Anyway, here's the car as it was when I bought it and how it's been sitting since:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200422_161307211_HDR.webp
    578 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20200504_135322091.webp
    232.9 KB · Views: 118

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,053
10,677
213
polk county florida
Dec 13, 2021
#2
  • Dec 13, 2021
  • #2
Welcome to stangnet
now what could go wrong with a 30 year old car????
Get on over to the fox forums and tell us what you've done and what the problem(s) are and the members will tell you it probably just needs a turbo and help you spend your money wisely.
 

NitrusReigns

Member
Dec 13, 2021
6
1
13
Beer City, USA
Dec 13, 2021
#3
  • Dec 13, 2021
  • #3
General karthief said:
Welcome to stangnet
now what could go wrong with a 30 year old car????
Get on over to the fox forums and tell us what you've done and what the problem(s) are and the members will tell you it probably just needs a turbo and help you spend your money wisely.
Click to expand...
Lol - rock on!

I appreciate the help - I just posted over in the fox section and we'll see what we come up with
 
Reactions: General karthief

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,344
1,246
153
Sarasota Florida
Dec 13, 2021
#4
  • Dec 13, 2021
  • #4
Car looks good... l like that stealth bomber look complete with whale tail.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,053
10,677
213
polk county florida
Dec 14, 2021
#5
  • Dec 14, 2021
  • #5
NitrusReigns said:
Lol - rock on!

I appreciate the help - I just posted over in the fox section and we'll see what we come up with
Click to expand...
'rock on ' ???
you're too young to use that term
 

NitrusReigns

Member
Dec 13, 2021
6
1
13
Beer City, USA
Dec 15, 2021
#6
  • Dec 15, 2021
  • #6
General karthief said:
'rock on ' ???
you're too young to use that term
Click to expand...
Out of curiosity, how old would one need to be to use that term? I don't think of myself as old, but I certainly don't think I'm all that young anymore either...

Incidentally, that's one of my more commonly used phrases. I use it in place of words like "cool" or "good stuff" or other similar reaction statements.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,053
10,677
213
polk county florida
Dec 15, 2021
#7
  • Dec 15, 2021
  • #7
Wait, maybe you are too old,
 

msweber777

Member
Feb 19, 2022
7
2
13
Saint Charles, Illinois
Feb 20, 2022
#8
  • Feb 20, 2022
  • #8
Notice original white walls 4 cylinder car 916 original miles. Literally little old lady car, picture in front of house after 5.0 transplant with turbo and built AOD
 

Attachments

  • 821574A9-E6A1-441F-9F87-FDCDB79D53A1.webp
    470.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 46BF9D9E-337A-443D-9824-1AF7E7A0BF01.webp
    147.9 KB · Views: 120
  • EE8E9A1C-4D63-456D-96BF-09716056CCBF.webp
    308.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 7EBDE2FC-5C5B-4DEF-AEE2-0B22B23688F8.webp
    722.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 71FEAD56-6825-4AF1-AA4B-2B1DFF3AE4BF.webp
    348.8 KB · Views: 125
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

R
New Member from Poland
  • Restomotive
  • Apr 22, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
138
The Welcome Wagon Apr 22, 2026
91AOD5.0LX
Old guy new to Forum.
  • 08shelby GT500
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
210
The Welcome Wagon Jun 15, 2026
LILCBRA
P
New here
  • PortCity
  • Jun 9, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
145
The Welcome Wagon Jun 9, 2026
AeroCoupe
1
New member, 1996 Mustang
  • 1996mustang new
  • Oct 9, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
107
The Welcome Wagon Oct 9, 2025
1996mustang new
1
S
Hi. I'm new. 98 Cobra Bent Axle.
  • sbk93036
  • Mar 28, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
154
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Yesterday at 9:43 AM
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?