Nissan V8 Swapping a 1996 SN95 Mustang. Have I lost my mind?

It'll be fun to see completed.

The trick is to keep your motivation at the same level as your ambition. :nice:
Thanks for the support. It will be a really cool project if all goes as planned.

As far as the concerns about mismatching brands. I guess I'm not as worried as I'm basically just retrofitting an entire truck into a mustang body. The only carryovers besides the body/suspension are the rear end (a custom driveshaft is easy to have built), power steering system (with swap to factory gt hydroboost, no biggie...only hard part is making a bracket but thats just some fab work) and wiring up factory hvac/heater controls to the nissan harness. This will be a bit tricky but should be doable as long as I stay consistant with fuse rating/wire size. I will wire the front/rear/dome lights to nissan harness but thats not too involved

• Sponsors (?)

I guess I do have a question. The pic of the engine/transmission hanging in the air is the assembly you've transplanted, correct? What are your plans for the transfer case section? Do you have a bead on a 2wd transmission to at least replace the tail shaft housing? Or do you plan to make it a 4x4? Please say no, please say no, please say no.... (@MustangIIMatt will know why I say it that way. :rlaugh:)

I guess I do have a question. The pic of the engine/transmission hanging in the air is the assembly you've transplanted, correct? What are your plans for the transfer case section? Do you have a bead on a 2wd transmission to at least replace the tail shaft housing? Or do you plan to make it a 4x4? Please say no, please say no, please say no.... (@MustangIIMatt will know why I say it that way. :rlaugh:)
No 4x4 lmao . I replaced the tail shaft housing with a 2wd version

Reactions: 1 user
Just because you fail to see the pure awesomeness of 4x4 Mustangs doesn't mean the rest of us can't!

• Haha
More random pics. I need to take some more but I broke the camera lens on my phone so I have to take them with something else and upload them :doh:. More to come though!

Attachments

• GOPR6370.JPG
    GOPR6370.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 41
  • GOPR6345.JPG
    GOPR6345.JPG
    570 KB · Views: 51
  • over hood shot w engine.png
    over hood shot w engine.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 40
  • GOPR6162.JPG
    GOPR6162.JPG
    466.1 KB · Views: 42
Looks like that gauge pod is almost the perfect size, just a little trim around the brim. Dunno what you'd have to do about the clear cover though. Maybe you could get some clear plexi that would be flexible enough? :shrug: