No power

Barry A

Mar 30, 2020
Perry ga
I have a 95 mustang that had a 3.8 I swapped to a 5.0 I used everything from the 5.0 car except the automatic transmission and I have no power through any range I have tried my computer and maf on another car and no problem I have done a complete tune up except coil I have not put ect yet still no power even at wide open throttle it has no cars on it

• Sponsors (?)

if you use some punctuation, it may be easier for us to figure out what’s going on. It’s kind of tough to comprehend what you’re saying.

I see something about the ect? Does is not have a temp sensor installed? That’s important.

Reactions: 1 user
I did the swap. I am a ford mechanic but never had a problem like this. I have no power throughout any range . I have done everything except replacing the ect,but I now think the injectors are clouded up I think this engine has sit up for awhile

You said you didn't use the 5.0 auto transmission. Do you have a manual or automatic transmission now? If you're using an auto ECU with a manual, you will have issues. And just as a double-check - did you set the timing with the SPOUT connector out? And did you put the SPOUT back in? Did it seat correctly? I've had the SPOUT plug not go in right and the car ran like crap because the computer couldn't advance the timing.

All of what you are asking is good. Computer is for an automatic by the numbers. Timing has been checked and set correctly numerous times. I found a big vacuum leak under the upper intake while removing injectors