No rain @ FFW NED

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, Haha, that brownish stuff is rust from the inside of my X-pipe, car has been sitting for awhile. The car ran okay, it is currently tuned for a 19psi cog belt, been having problems stripping teeth off belts......i've exceeded the strength of 35mm wide cog belts...i had ordered some......my brother calls me yesterday and tells me FFW was this weekend and not next weekend. Caught me off gaurd so i slapped an old 8 rib set up on.......making 10psi which detunes it about 200rwhp. I put it together last night with a brand new belt.....never ran it....needless to say the belt stretched more and more every run which explains the 10.5 @ 137 10.7 @134 and 10.9 @ i forget the last mph. I also decided to only run a 275/50-17 drag radial....sixty footing 2.0 leaving like a girl. Next year i'll have a 50mm cog on there and should be able to beat my best of 9.07 @ 148.

someone remind me to get some Drag radial/slicks for next years FFW...better yet..remind me beofre Mustang Showdown OCT 1st!

Anyone see a black 02 mustang GT with a R wing spin like crazy off the line??? NITTO Street tires suk off the line! even when I feather it.. :nonono:

my best 60" was 2.4 :nonono: at 14.6 @98mph

My car is capable of mid 13's :(

Mr GT 02 said:
someone remind me to get some Drag radial/slicks for next years FFW...better yet..remind me beofre Mustang Showdown OCT 1st!

Anyone see a black 02 mustang GT with a R wing spin like crazy off the line??? NITTO Street tires suk off the line! even when I feather it.. :nonono:

my best 60" was 2.4 :nonono: at 14.6 @98mph

My car is capable of mid 13's :(

Do yourself a favor and dont even bother with the Nitto Drag radials. They suck just as bad. 2.4 60 ft's for me with them. 13.6@105, easily 12 sec speed, that was launched off idle, any gas for a launch and i had no traction. M/T Drag radials here i come.....

90LX306 said:
Do yourself a favor and dont even bother with the Nitto Drag radials. They suck just as bad. 2.4 60 ft's for me with them. 13.6@105, easily 12 sec speed, that was launched off idle, any gas for a launch and i had no traction. M/T Drag radials here i come.....

Are you kidding. I can pull 1.7's all day long with Nitto DR's. The key is a long burnout and put yourself in the foot print of the other vehicles. It's the dull looking part of the track.

90LX306 said:
Mickey T or M&H Racemaster drag radials are MUCH better than BF or Nitto..(probably why they aren't legal for drag radial class)....but i wouldn't get caught in the rain with them....that's the trade off.

NITTO STREET TIRES SUK FOR TRACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess thats why they are street tires..

i will play smarter next year with drag radials!!!!!

there was a white 99-04 GT with a Procharger supercharger that ran a best of 14.3 with drag radials...lol it was only .3 faster than me and i am N/A..lol suttin was wrong with the programming I guess.........or teh dude cant drive..

anyone see the MOBIL CREW cars?

mondos90lx said:
white horse up north, i saw ur stang today at the show
omg, i love it, the turbo looks killer

Please tell me what was wrong with the car. The judges didn't think it was any good. They gave away the turbo and high tech award to a guy with a Procharger :rolleyes: . Didn't even get in the top 20!! You would be surprised at how many shows I go to and don't even place. Last year at tasca day they gave out 2 trohpies for 1st 2nd and 3rd. Didn't get squat. I think I will just drag race it next year. I would like to try true street.

Hey Steve, Congrats on the win!! I wanted to stop by and say hi, but never got the chance. I'am glad you were able to finally get the bugs worked out. I know you've had you share of problems. You deserve the win. I also hear the car is capable of more! Thats just sick!!

Mr GT 02 said:
NITTO STREET TIRES SUK FOR TRACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess thats why they are street tires..QUOTE]

i know it, it didn't help me having them on 18 chrome r's, i was able to get a 2.04 60ft though. slipping in 2nd didn't help tho, i ran a mid 14 at 95 :shrug: . oh well, it was my first time ever. next time i will put the DR's on, i'd like something under 1.9 60

whitehorseupnorth said:
Please tell me what was wrong with the car. The judges didn't think it was any good. They gave away the turbo and high tech award to a guy with a Procharger :rolleyes: . Didn't even get in the top 20!! You would be surprised at how many shows I go to and don't even place. Last year at tasca day they gave out 2 trohpies for 1st 2nd and 3rd. Didn't get squat. I think I will just drag race it next year. I would like to try true street.

Hey Steve, Congrats on the win!! I wanted to stop by and say hi, but never got the chance. I'am glad you were able to finally get the bugs worked out. I know you've had you share of problems. You deserve the win. I also hear the car is capable of more! Thats just sick!!

Thanks Chris. It was nice to finally let this thing loose up there. The car is capable of more, but not alot more. It is a street car first and foremost... AOD tranny, full stereo with subwoofers and amps in the trunk, soundproofing, A/C and just about zero weight reduction (weighs 3770 with me in it). It's staying a street car so that I can take it out and actually enjoy cruising around in it.

And as far as the show stuff goes, can you see why I quickly did a reverse 180 from my original goal of a quick show car?! I was losing to chromed out POS that had less into their car than I had into my right front rim!! Frustrating. There's no ambiguities when it comes to the track.... you run it, you get a time. Fun as hell too!

Let me know when you ME guys want to come down for a Street Night or a test n' tune on the weekends. I live 20 minutes from Epping, so I'm always up for the track.

lxfiveo said:
Let me know when you ME guys want to come down for a Street Night or a test n' tune on the weekends. I live 20 minutes from Epping, so I'm always up for the track.

A bunch of us were just down there on the 23rd of July. It was a test and tune saturday. I ran 122mph and bryan( who has a 93 turbo GT ran 126mph). We had no traction so our times sucked. The guys might be up for another round before the end of the season. I'll let you know.