Not 5.0 but some good SRVidz video! HCI Auto 98 Z28 vs 6.0 Cammed LS1 88 IROC!

Speeds8erM-1

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2000
Pensacola Florida
http://srvidz.vidiac.com/search/6.0+ls1/0/9213f771-3a69-40f3-8d65-65eb4ec4ec76.htm

Video KevPSR edited up, yea I know it's GM's but at least it's some good runs!

98 Z28, Forged Bottom End, TEA Ported Trick Flow Heads, 236/242 .601/.610 114 LSA Cam, Fast 90mm Intake & TB, Kooks LT's, 4000 Yank that is flashing to around 5000 :uh oh:, 12 Bolt w/ 3.73's, Full Suspension, Draglites w/ Skinnies & Hoosier QTP's

vs

88 IROC, 6.0 LS1, Stock Heads, Futral Custom Grind Cam, AED 650 Carburetor, GM Carb LS1 Intake, Longtubes, TH350, Yank Converter, 9 Inch w/ 3.50's, Full Suspension, Tel Stars w/ Skinnies & MT Radials

First run is a 20 roll, second is a 30 roll. The IROC has run a [email protected] and has run 96.96 MPH. The 98 Z28 just got together and has to work on shift points and seeing if the converter is too loose. They weighed both cars after the races and the IROC was 180 pounds lighter. IROC also has ford DSG paint, LS1 interior, leather Trans Am seats, ect ect, very clean!

• Sponsors (?)

96SVTpilot said:
Nice vid, the Z sounded pretty mean. I bet that Iroc surprises more than a few people on the street, thinking they will have an easy kill against an old beat up 305 TPI. :D

Dunno, the IROC sounds pretty mean at idle haha but the funny thing is it sounded mean with the old 383 SBC in it and it's ALOT faster now. Both cars have a bottle, so they might run again. :D

I believe it. I pulled that number out of my ass. Lol. I have only seen a LT1 swapped into a 3rd gen and it was mean. I figure the cost of an LS1 plus the difficulty of the sawp is the deterent? Is that the reason I always hear of them carbed?

Anyway theat car is mean. I bet it catches a lot of people off guard, expecting they're getting an easy kill.

Do you know what that IROC weighs? I know that by fox body standards they are still portly but I believe 3rd gens are supposed to be the lightest of the fbods.

(Anyway they are my favorite of the fbods and seeing one that kicks that much ass makes me smile, even for a ford guy)

DmnStr8 said:
I believe it. I pulled that number out of my ass. Lol. I have only seen a LT1 swapped into a 3rd gen and it was mean. I figure the cost of an LS1 plus the difficulty of the sawp is the deterent? Is that the reason I always hear of them carbed?

Anyway theat car is mean. I bet it catches a lot of people off guard, expecting they're getting an easy kill.

Do you know what that IROC weighs? I know that by fox body standards they are still portly but I believe 3rd gens are supposed to be the lightest of the fbods.

(Anyway they are my favorite of the fbods and seeing one that kicks that much ass makes me smile, even for a ford guy)

His engine wasnt too much money, the 6.0 iron block truck engines can be had pretty cheap, the intake and edelbrock timing setup isnt cheap though. He went carbed because he is a carb guy and wanted to do something different around here, he already had a carb and knows them inside and out from messing with it on his old setup.

He weighed it after the race and it was 3280 without driver with a bottle in it. It's the nices third gen I have ever seen by far.

Here is a picture under hood of both

View attachment 459770

TJ6.jpg

Attachments

• TJ6.jpg
    TJ6.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 84