The Junk Pyle has moved forward, well sort of

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_20180926_135417_hdr.jpg

Moving right along.
i need a bigger stangnet sticker!

Reactions: 6 users
Nice! You installing a ridge vent?

Also, I assume the post constructed from block in the middle of the vehicle door will eventually be removed? I'm asking because I wonder why they stacked blocks on end. It's temporary right?

Nice! You installing a ridge vent?

Also, I assume the post constructed from block in the middle of the vehicle door will eventually be removed? I'm asking because I wonder why they stacked blocks on end. It's temporary right?
No ridge vent, there are two rectangles on the back for some kind of vent, I may install a attic fan, not sure right now.
Yes, those blocks are temporary,
Will the dump truck fit in there?
Yes. And the chebby pickup and the kia but the dump truck will not live there :( need the room for a harley and a mower. I could hide another stang in there just don't tell the girl at the other end of the couch.

Reactions: 1 user
Not much to update on the garage, things getting worked on like attic floor, siding for the ends, sofit trim. Oh and fixing irrigation lines! Can't they make a lighter cement truck?
no pics cause you can't tell whats been done.
i did get some parts to fix the sun roof on the exxon valdez, and I'm going to try some led lights for the interior and I gotta replace the front wheel bearings in the 53 chebby, swapping them ball bearings for roller bearings, yea, fun stuff! I'll post pics if anybody is interested.

Reactions: 1 users
Couple more weeks nick, I just got the attic floor roughed in, i'm not a carpenter and I suffer from acrophobia, if was extremely fun. Knocking the boogers of the walls and throwing some block sealer on and then paint. Gotta dig the trench for the electric, like about 100' with irrigation, septic and electric lines that I'm not sure where they are, I find them the hard way I'm sure. :mad:

Couple more weeks nick, I just got the attic floor roughed in, i'm not a carpenter and I suffer from acrophobia, if was extremely fun. Knocking the boogers of the walls and throwing some block sealer on and then paint. Gotta dig the trench for the electric, like about 100' with irrigation, septic and electric lines that I'm not sure where they are, I find them the hard way I'm sure. :mad:
Do you have a friend who works for the phone or power company? If so, offer them a suitable incentive to come wave their wire finder over your proposed path to your new construction.

Reactions: 1 user
Some more work on the garage, roof stuff.
IMG_20181010_082104_hdr.jpg

and I got one thing on the exxon valdez done, one of the sun roof latch screws pulled out of their threads so it would not latch tight, it's been regulated to the back yard covered up outa sight, I've had the parts to fix it for a couple weeks and this morning I needed to make a store run and there is a ford edge hanging on to the back of the dump truck so I was forced to take the car for a ride :banana:, and since it was out of hiding I figured 'why not now?'
I will caution anybody doing this to pay attention to the latch orientation, it would be upsetting to get it all back together only to take it apart to turn it around. I realized right away I was not sure which way it went so I got out my magic book and got it right the first time.
IMG_20181012_110845_hdr.jpg

The old stuff, notice there is one odd washer, and not just any washer.
It has a shoulder to center the screw in the hole in the glass, thats right, we have an escapee! After thinking about it, remember I picture things in my head like a cartoon, so I'm watching the screw fall (in slow-mo) and the washer land in my lap, at the time it came apart I was not aware, I just noticed a rattling above my head and there it was dangling. Now I'm imagining it falling from my lap when I got out of the car in some random strip joint ahhh, I mean convenience store or in the yard where the grass is the highest. Both scenarios mean 'gone forever! Well I searched the floor boards of the car and find it! That just doesn't happen! Ever! I'm buying a lotto ticket today.
IMG_20181012_110859_hdr.jpg

the new stuff
IMG_20181012_112508_hdr.jpg
IMG_20181012_112428_hdr.jpg

All cleaned up and ready to put back together!

Reactions: 2 users
So here it is, easy-peasy.
IMG_20181012_120042_hdr.jpg

Now I'm gonna clean the tree crap out of the trough and make sure the drains are clear, I do this a couple times a year anyway so nothing new right? Well this time the right front drain ain't. No amount of compressed air is getting through that btch so I pull the trim panel and blow from the bottom, but I'm getting ahead of myself, I tried to stick a wire down from the top first, no luck, goes about 6 inches then stops, I try a small cable that is very flexible and same thing, so I sprayed some blaster down the hole and take a 5 minute break, still no luck, I'm gonna try from the bottom. Well it blew the crap that was plugging up the drain hose AND the 4 or 5 tablespoons of blaster across the back of the car, success! Except my neighbor had snuck up behind the car directly in the path of the blaster lubricated gunk, BULLSEYE!
and he wasn't even mad.
Almost as good as the 'highspeed fan and the cat' from the monster chronicles.
Well sunroof is in and no leaks for a while, next on the list is block filler inside the garage, some led interior lights for the exxon valdez and shopping for a t shirt for my neighbor. Maybe I'll just give him one from my closet collection :chin