The Junk Pyle has moved forward, well sort of

• Sponsors (?)

Rodger that, only I didn't have anything else to do and there are water, multiple irrigation lines and two electric lines.
and I need the exercise.
ironic, my neighbor comes over when we where almost done and says 'my new tractor came with a trencher' :jester:

need to change the title of this thread. when does the list of little things get to the point you say 'I just need to rip this thing apart and start fresh' but that is far too long. when I do get to drive the gt it is fun and dependable, that almost was the case a couple days ago, just one of those things that say 'hey, I need some attention'. I started off that day expecting to get some running around town done, the day before I diddled around replacing burned out tag lights with leds and fix a nagging rattle caused by a broken plastic bushing on the hatch striker, parts I've had for months, of course the hatch was open and the interior lights were on for some time, never thought about the battery drain on a ancient interstate battery so when I went to leave the next morning guess what? The dump truck parked next to it was used as a charger for a few minutes and soon I was motoring down the road, stopped for a few gallons a petrol a couple blocks away hoping it would be charged up enough to start. Danm! Forgot the button for the gas door was not working, yes it is on the list, gas in the tank, crossed my fingers and it started, just a little slow to crank, made the important stops and headed to the shop for a quick check of the charging system and found the battery was bad, it was so old it had the coded date instead of a sticker!
got home and decided to see what was wrong with the fuel door opener. narrowed it down to the switch in the glove box, jumped online and found one listed on LMR, $35 but it was not available, found another that looked similar but the product description said it may not fit my car, that one was $40! not happening, (like mike says about the finger :nono:) looking at this push button thing and thinking where is the gold hidden that makes it worth 35-40 bucks I see a way to take it apart, can't hurt, it don't work now' what's gonna happen? So what if I break it. push a couple tabs and it comes apart to show just how simple it is, push the button, it makes a u shaped piece of metal contact the blades where the connector plugs onto, one side was all cruddy with whatever toxic stuff floating around behind the dash/glove box area is, scrape the toxic crap out of the inside and clean the u shaped metal with a pencil eraser, stick it back together and it actually works. take that one off the list. What now? well it's back to the garage building stuff that seems to be moving kind of slow but is actually on schedule, the tunnel is filled in and well hidden from the throngs of immigrants that mike is worried about secretly invading my garage space, the gators have been returned to the swamp and there is yellow covered wires neatly stapled to trusses and conduit on the walls where the plugs will live. a box by the door with breakers in it, a couple boxes mounted outside for lights. I think we can put the ceiling up.
here are some picks of the switch just to prove how simple it really is.
20181115_093835.jpg 20181115_093746.jpg 20181115_093657.jpg 20181115_093625.jpg 20181115_093547.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
right, been slacking in the updates, painting mostly done 'cept some touchups. Oh and the floor, got the stuff to do the floor today, took a pic of the stuff I bought but failed to import to the big screen but here is the place so far, all inspected and after I do the floor it's move in time!
20190228_093018.jpg
20190228_154526.jpg
20190228_154543.jpg

stuff for the floor
20190302_130256.jpg

Steve stopped by and we took the block to the machine shop so they can get started. We got back to the hacienda and I showed off the garage, big mistake! He drooled all over my clean floor and after he left I had to clean it up before my trip to home depo.
It was still good to get together and bs in person. Thanks Steve :nice:

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users
Hurricanes can get kinda breezy, went cement block to match the house and I don't have to worry about termites and wood rot, looked at metal buildings but we wanted something that will last and match the house.
thanks for all the compliments but the real hero in this is the 'girl at the other end of the couch', she just wanted some place to put her dads' 53 chebby truck in, besides the fact that the majority of the money spent was hers.

Reactions: 1 users
Nice building man ! I've got a steel building down on the farm. It holds up pretty well but would've loved a real block building.

Hurricanes can get kinda breezy, went cement block to match the house and I don't have to worry about termites and wood rot, looked at metal buildings but
we wanted something that will last and match the house.
thanks for all the compliments but the real hero in this is the 'girl at the other end of the couch', she just wanted some place to put her dads' 53 chebby truck in, besides the fact that the majority of the money spent was hers.

Does the house sit on a pile of sand in the middle of the lot too?;)

Another garage is good. You doing the SN rebuild in there?

We get hit with Hurricanes all the time. Nothing new.

When Irma hit us in 2017. Some nice gusts in this video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd7pyoUXieo

This was Hurricane Wilma in 2005, we got a direct hit. People lost roofs but my house just had water going up the driveway.

37082519755_181663b0f5_h.jpg
Hurricane 1 by jpjr501, on Flickr

My neighbors screen enclosure.

36894031286_4bbea9b12a_h.jpg
Hurricane 4 by jpjr501, on Flickr

The cobra intake is covered up in the carport, got a couple things before that gets started. I've had a ton of compliments on the garage, I'm very fortunate, now I got some place to hang some pictures and display some collectables. And hide that hideous 53 chebby pickup from my ford friends. All two of them!
i've been through a few hurricanes here, I was in miami 4 days after it was hit. It can be humbling.

Reactions: 1 user